Author Topic: Disclaimer  (Read 812 times)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Disclaimer
« on: January 23, 2020, 09:52:24 AM »
First I would like to thank ALL the Aces High Skinners. If you have contributed to the game through the art of its aircraft, I congratulate you on your patience and desire to make this game better. As a full time artist and graphic designer, I know how tedious the process of producing quality art is and the emotions it can create on you and others.

I actually have some experience with skinning aircraft in different games, and I have tinkered with some of the aspects of it here, and as much as I'd like to, sadly I have zero time to get involved in another aspect of Aces High.

That being said, I am under zero obligation to comment, critique, or 1 up anyone's artwork here or anywhere else for that matter.

If you feel it's necessary to solicit my opinion and speculate why or why not I am commenting on your skins specifically for whatever reason, again, I am not required by you or anyone else to offer you a reason.

Finally, PM'ing me and accusing me or complaining to me about it is the quickest way to make sure I never, ever, give you my opinion on your work.

Keep up the good work skinners, your contributions go further than you think.

There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
Re: Disclaimer
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 11:21:14 AM »
What is with people? Nef is a super guy that has contributed to the game and the community for many years. This can't happen. To whatever knucklehead this was I'd say follow the rule of Skuzzy and DON'T BE A DICK. I know it's hard for some as being that guy it comes so naturally they just don't realize they're that guy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Fencer51

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2020, 11:38:44 AM »
 :rofl :rofl  :aok

You go Nef!
Fencer
The names of the irrelevant have been changed to protect their irrelevance.
The names of the innocent and the guilty have not been changed.
As for the innocent, everyone needs to know they are innocent –
As for the guilty… they can suck it.

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2020, 11:53:50 AM »
First I would like to thank ALL the Aces High Skinners. If you have contributed to the game through the art of its aircraft, I congratulate you on your patience and desire to make this game better. As a full time artist and graphic designer, I know how tedious the process of producing quality art is and the emotions it can create on you and others.

I actually have some experience with skinning aircraft in different games, and I have tinkered with some of the aspects of it here, and as much as I'd like to, sadly I have zero time to get involved in another aspect of Aces High.

That being said, I am under zero obligation to comment, critique, or 1 up anyone's artwork here or anywhere else for that matter.

If you feel it's necessary to solicit my opinion and speculate why or why not I am commenting on your skins specifically for whatever reason, again, I am not required by you or anyone else to offer you a reason.

Finally, PM'ing me and accusing me or complaining to me about it is the quickest way to make sure I never, ever, give you my opinion on your work.

Keep up the good work skinners, your contributions go further than you think.

Nef you're one of the best in game and around it.  I very greatly appreciate your work to improve the game. I always have.  What you just explained made me throw up my hands in disgust two years ago. I just walked away.  There have been many in this game before this point who greatly affected the Aces High Community positively as a whole.  To say the least it bothered me and still does.  One of my longtime friends before getting to Aces High in Air Warrior Kenneth (Fencer) not only contributed with his wonderful skins but in the CM department also. CorkyJr also suffered the inane comments and insults that a lot of people who used to populate this game and made it better.  Like me they' had enough.  Now at age 70 I have returned because of the many great people who are still here.  I missed simulating WWII combat and the history that built it.  Even though I am playing at the moment with one eye I am enjoying it yet again.  Maybe it the Community  GREW UP as a whole things wouldn't have gotten to the point of low participation and membership.  I literally don't know if that is the chief reason (hell.....I'm not a psychic) Brooke and all the other CMs' who still participate should be given a huge amount of credit for using spare time to make the game better. 

Finally I also thank the skinners for their contribution to the game and making it more historical. This Community should and could be much better.  Who know?  Maybe participation would grow.

Here's hoping.
- The Flying Circus -

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 12:39:41 AM »
Corkyjr has real life that jumped in to take up his time. He also recently had some health issues. I feel he would be here if not for those.

Nef is and always has been top notch in my book.

He is not paying me anything for my response to this thread.... honest.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2020, 06:07:37 PM »
..... PM'ing me and accusing me or complaining to me ......

With all you do to contribute to the game what you describe above is unconscionable. 

Thank you for your efforts to improve the game Nef!   :salute

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2020, 08:34:48 AM »
With all you do to contribute to the game what you describe above is unconscionable. 

Thank you for your efforts to improve the game Nef!   :salute

Yes indeed!
80th FS "Headhunters"