Author Topic: ME: Image Rendering Error  (Read 1235 times)

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
Re: ME: Image Rendering Error
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2020, 10:28:27 AM »
I wonder if the Poly that the texture is dynamically applied has a high specular level in it's material properties. To much specularity will wash out any texture applied to it.
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2020, 10:33:25 AM »
I wonder if the Poly that the texture is dynamically applied has a high specular level in it's material properties. To much specularity will wash out any texture applied to it.

Mine was 8bit indexed bmp. 

What was your source image?
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2020, 11:11:29 AM »
8 bit RGB

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2020, 11:19:44 AM »

Something is definitely trying to brighten the image significantly and in my case causing serious levels clipping.

For instance, loading up the source in Photoshop and just slamming the brightness slider to max creates a similar result:

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2020, 11:23:19 AM »
Something is definitely trying to brighten the image significantly and in my case causing serious levels clipping.

For instance, loading up the source in Photoshop and just slamming the brightness slider to max creates a similar result:

(Image removed from quote.)

Yeah, it's probably the lighting right in front of the screen. It might be either to close or it's intensity is to high. I miss spoke about the specular level, they have an affect but only if the source light is super intense and the the poly is set with a high specular level on the base geometry/object without a spec map.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2020, 11:29:49 AM »

So for now, high contast, BW line drawings are your best bet.  Shading is likely to be blown out.

:salute

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2020, 11:35:59 AM »
This has already been fixed for the next release, It was simply what material was on the projector poly screen. It was supposed to be 100% emissive only.

HiTech

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2020, 11:39:42 AM »
This has already been fixed for the next release, It was simply what material was on the projector poly screen. It was supposed to be 100% emissive only.

HiTech

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk