Author Topic: Dark Man Cometh???  (Read 125232 times)

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Re: Dark Man Cometh???
« Reply #1605 on: March 26, 2020, 02:38:37 PM »
This is going to turn us all into Howard Hughes before it's over.  :D

(Who developed his phobias from his childhood during the Spanish Flu Pandemic)

I get it Hitech, why not put it on including gloves etc. The challenge, I could watch you do everything possible to avoid surface contact when outside, or for example, at a grocery store. It could be something as simply backing up into a door, brush your clothing against an isle, reach over to grab some fruit/veggies and the bottom of your pants or jacket brushes against the bottom of the cooler. I could count a dozen times you came into contact with surfaces that would bring a pandemic virus back into your house.

We taught this issue when we did NBCW training, especially if we did tear gas training. I run out of hands to count the number of comments students made days later or burning or itching from clothing and gear they didn't properly clean post NBCW exercise.

Unless you have a proper haz suit, and have a de-com tent with people inside to decontaminate and undress you when you're ready to go into isolation, there is nothing, and I mean nothing, you can do to prevent yourself from eventually contracting this virus.

That said, proper hand washing, self isolation, etc will 100% slow the transmission. It's all we need to do.

And then, there is Karen.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1606 on: March 26, 2020, 02:49:12 PM »
Unless you have a proper haz suit, and have a de-com tent with people inside to decontaminate and undress you when you're ready to go into isolation, there is nothing, and I mean nothing, you can do to prevent yourself from eventually contracting this virus.

Sorry, but I don't believe that is an accurate statement.

I'm not saying your odds go to zero with masks, gloves and intelligent behavior adjustments, but I see no evidence it has zero benefit either.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1607 on: March 26, 2020, 02:53:41 PM »
Some laughs and good points about Coronavirus, society, economy etc:

Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #1608 on: March 26, 2020, 03:43:00 PM »
I get it Hitech, why not put it on including gloves etc. The challenge, I could watch you do everything possible to avoid surface contact when outside, or for example, at a grocery store. It could be something as simply backing up into a door, brush your clothing against an isle, reach over to grab some fruit/veggies and the bottom of your pants or jacket brushes against the bottom of the cooler. I could count a dozen times you came into contact with surfaces that would bring a pandemic virus back into your house.

We taught this issue when we did NBCW training, especially if we did tear gas training. I run out of hands to count the number of comments students made days later or burning or itching from clothing and gear they didn't properly clean post NBCW exercise.

That said, proper hand washing, self isolation, etc will 100% slow the transmission. It's all we need to do.

And then, there is Karen.

I agree with all you say, and agree where gloves will not eliminate the issue. I just view it as avoiding the high traffic spots like the key pads, door handles and such lowers the risk. But eventually the odds will catch up to you.

HiTech

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1609 on: March 26, 2020, 03:54:42 PM »
I can't help but feel for those almost 10,000 people who died of the flu in Texas in 2017-2018. Not one business locked up, not one news story of a pandemic.

So far this evil corona has killed 18 in Texas.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 03:57:58 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #1610 on: March 26, 2020, 03:59:54 PM »
I can't help but feel for those almost 10,000 people who died of the flu in Texas in 2017-2018. Not one business locked up, not one news story of a pandemic.

So far this evil corona has killed 18 in Texas.

Stop it with the 'it's just another flu' analogy (or 'flu's a pandemic too!' jig). Your 'feelings' come off suspicious. By the time the count means something to you it'll be too late (well, it already kinda is).
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 04:01:29 PM by Arlo »

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1611 on: March 26, 2020, 04:08:38 PM »

Usa just surged past china in cases of coronavirus.

Don't worry shuffler...........you will get your deaths.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1612 on: March 26, 2020, 04:21:13 PM »
Usa just surged past china in cases of coronavirus.

Don't worry shuffler...........you will get your deaths.

Americans know that is garbage and that the WHO along with the WTO boot lickers are in bed with China to cover up mass corruption and false reporting #s.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1613 on: March 26, 2020, 04:23:03 PM »
Stop it with the 'it's just another flu' analogy (or 'flu's a pandemic too!' jig). Your 'feelings' come off suspicious. By the time the count means something to you it'll be too late (well, it already kinda is).

Dealing with CoronaVirus-Deniers is like dealing with Flat-Earthers.  There is no reasoning with them. 

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1614 on: March 26, 2020, 04:24:30 PM »
Americans know that is garbage and that the WHO along with the WTO boot lickers are in bed with China to cover up mass corruption and false reporting #s.

Still sticking with your Estimate?

Less that 100 US deaths total?  Over by end of March?

I think you undershot a little there Sparky.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1615 on: March 26, 2020, 04:32:29 PM »
Still sticking with your Estimate?

Less that 100 US deaths total?  Over by end of March?

I think you undershot a little there Sparky.

I'm still closer to the average of 100 than your fear based media estimated.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1616 on: March 26, 2020, 04:39:19 PM »
I'm still closer to the average of 100 than your fear based media estimated.

Can you provide the link to where ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, made an estimate of the deaths by the end of March?

Because I have a link to a post where you did. 

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1617 on: March 26, 2020, 04:41:21 PM »
This is not correct. I have not heard anyone state that isolation will lessen the total number of people who get the virus. It only will spread out the time it takes the virus to go threw the population (I.E. Flaten curve) and hence lower the load on the health care system. So what you say is dragging things out, is actually backwards.

HiTech

HiTech

Hightech is 1000% correct Its way to late to prevent the spread. Estimates range between 50% and 80% of the population will contract it in one form or another. The idea is to delay it so that the healthcare system isn't overwhelmed with everyone being sick at once. It buys time. It buys time by way of treating smaller numbers of people and to  find medicines that  they know actually work and produce produce enough medicines to treat people.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1618 on: March 26, 2020, 04:42:24 PM »
I go to work with a mini joke-tune in my head:

"Off to get my COVID, the wonderful virus of fun!"

They give us Purell, and this stuff, pleh.  I can "taste" the smell.  Sometimes I cough a little cause of the smell, though I tend to use it a bit.  Don't know what's worse, folks thinking I might have it cause of the "Purell cough", or the fact that I'm getting use to the "taste". :uhoh

Stupid Chinese Virus... :bhead
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1619 on: March 26, 2020, 04:56:22 PM »

Sorry, but I don't believe that is an accurate statement.

I'm not saying your odds go to zero with masks, gloves and intelligent behavior adjustments, but I see no evidence it has zero benefit either.

Its funny how you ignore people who actually know what they are talking about and just accept and push your own ideas as fact.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty