Author Topic: Dark Man Cometh???  (Read 125249 times)

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
Re: Dark Man Cometh???
« Reply #1635 on: March 26, 2020, 06:42:36 PM »
You've never offered one when proven wrong. A double standard is no standard at all.

Save your breath with him Arlo.

As Mark Twain lamented
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1636 on: March 26, 2020, 06:44:35 PM »
Save your breath with him Arlo.

As Mark Twain lamented
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

Arrogance and being condescending is why your leftist are failing. But go ahead and feel smart about yourself while you still can.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #1637 on: March 26, 2020, 07:02:37 PM »
Arrogance and being condescending is why your leftist are failing. But go ahead and feel smart about yourself while you still can.

I wasn't talking to you. I am smart enough to know that would be a waste of time.
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1638 on: March 26, 2020, 08:14:51 PM »
at least i have an excuse, I'm drunk but not stupid.  in a few hours I'll be sober.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline OldNitro

• Nickel Member
« Reply #1639 on: March 26, 2020, 08:20:57 PM »
Well, the deniers F'ed up the first chance to stop it.. "It's just the flu.."
"Xi and the WHO are doing a great job at containment" And a "Perfectly coordinated response"..
Now, they are gonna F up the next opportunity to limit the damage.. "Back in business by Easter"

Look out Road Warrior, here we come..
Then, Oct/Nov comes the "Medieval Stage", it'll be plenty sporty then!

Ya know, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Chicoms actually made the calculation.. That
the USA would self destruct because our population is too undisciplined to fight the Kung Flu..

We lost this fight.. With the F ups we have runnin things, we never stood a chance..
So, bring on the Boogaloo..

« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 08:57:47 PM by OldNitro »

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1640 on: March 26, 2020, 08:42:19 PM »
Looking at Chinas #s. My estimates were not far off. Who knew it would spread like wildfire in America. That being said, I still dont know anyone who has it.

They are still estimating 81K deaths in the US by August. Seems a bit steep.

Just got a text from my son. I had asked him if there was or if he he knew an official number as to what percentage of the population will become infected. He said as far as he knows now that unfortunately  there are no hard fast official estimates as to how many will become infected.. the following is an exact quote

"The issue is overloading the medical system. Ya the death rate is around 1 percent. But if overloaded it jumps to around 7"

That is according to the numbers and models they are currently looking at at FEMA. Hence the reason for the desire to flatten the curve, keep the medical practitioners in supply of ventilators, masks, and other medical equipment that people have taken to hording for themselves.
My wife called me today to ask if I, or knew if any of my suppliers had any masks in stock that could be donated to the hospital or that the hospital could buy. They have only a few cases thus far but because of other needs and the lack of supply. Even they are running dangerously low.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1641 on: March 26, 2020, 09:18:57 PM »
Just got a text from my son. I had asked him if there was or if he he knew an official number as to what percentage of the population will become infected. He said as far as he knows now that unfortunately  there are no hard fast official estimates as to how many will become infected.. the following is an exact quote

"The issue is overloading the medical system. Ya the death rate is around 1 percent. But if overloaded it jumps to around 7"

That is according to the numbers and models they are currently looking at at FEMA. Hence the reason for the desire to flatten the curve, keep the medical practitioners in supply of ventilators, masks, and other medical equipment that people have taken to hording for themselves.
My wife called me today to ask if I, or knew if any of my suppliers had any masks in stock that could be donated to the hospital or that the hospital could buy. They have only a few cases thus far but because of other needs and the lack of supply. Even they are running dangerously low.

No I completely agree with you and him. Hospitals do need to be prepared and over stocked. Theres no doubt in my mind companies in America are racing to make them. He's right, there is no way a real estimate could be made. That's why it pains me to see media articles writing extremes. To me, this response we are seeing will prepare us for anything much better in the future. It has made our online healthcare much better. I wish the best for our real healthcare officials on the line for this stuff. It takes real courage. I really hope to see cases clearing up because of people like them who are actually treating people. 

And for what's it's worth. I'd much rather hear from doctors on the ground like your son, rather than from the former Health Ministery leader of Ethiopia.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 09:22:58 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1642 on: March 26, 2020, 09:22:41 PM »
No I completely agree with you and him. Hospitals do need to be prepared and over stocked. Theres no doubt in my mind companies in America are racing to make them. He's right, there is no way a real estimate could be made. That's why it pains me to see media articles writing extremes. To me, this response we are seeing will prepare us for anything much better in the future. It has made our online healthcare much better. I wish the best for our real healthcare officials on the line for this stuff. It takes real courage. I really hope to see cases clearing up because of people like them who are actually treating people.

your extreme wad 100 deaths.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1643 on: March 26, 2020, 09:55:50 PM »

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1644 on: March 26, 2020, 10:09:05 PM »
I think the point is that the death rate could go in either direction. It could stay for lack of a better term. "reasonably low"
Or it could soar to un paralleled levels. The key is how stressed the health care becomes and how we contribute to it one way or the other with our actions or inaction's.

As far as medical supplies are concerned. The health care workers need them far far FAR more then we do as individuals.

As far as the masks are concerned and to partially answer Hitechs question to Mr Fork
These masks to be effective need to be changed out often and not messed with once put on. First and foremost it must be fitted and worn correctly for it to even work at all. Which is something I thus far have seen very few people doing. Out of 20 people i saw yesterday in masks. 3 were actually wearing them correctly and/or hadnt ruined them through obvious misuse or readjusting. Once you initially put it on. The moment you start fiddling with it and adjusting it you start messing with its effectiveness. Most people dont have the discipline to just leave them alone
You cant just wear the same mask every day and expect it to remain effective.
 Plus. all it does is protect you from breathing it in immediately. Even though the airborne particles may be at least partially blocked from the mask. and even if they were fully blocked. that doesn't prevent them from landing on your skin, clothing. Or especially on the outside of the mask. Now most will use the same mask over and over. Well lets say you have been exposed but the mask protected you from that initial exposure. Well the bottom line is you now still have a contaminated mask that you likely don't even know is contaminated. Just because ti still looks clean and pristine. Doesn't mean it is THAT is why you are supposed to change them out each time. Every time you use them
Not to mention that because you weren't wearing  disposable personal protective clothing as well as, head and foot covering etc etc. Everything you wear is contaminated too literally from head to toe.

To be protected effectively. on top of wearing that mask you should be dressed like the people in this picture

And in this picture of the four facing the camera only two are adequately protected. Note the one with raised goggles.
Now these are actual health care workers who are struggling/neglecting to follow proper protocol. Average people are far worse
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1645 on: March 26, 2020, 10:37:55 PM »
I think the point is that the death rate could go in either direction. It could stay for lack of a better term. "reasonably low"
Or it could soar to un paralleled levels. The key is how stressed the health care becomes and how we contribute to it one way or the other with our actions or inaction's.

As far as medical supplies are concerned. The health care workers need them far far FAR more then we do as individuals.

As far as the masks are concerned and to partially answer Hitechs question to Mr Fork
These masks to be effective need to be changed out often and not messed with once put on. First and foremost it must be fitted and worn correctly for it to even work at all. Which is something I thus far have seen very few people doing. Out of 20 people i saw yesterday in masks. 3 were actually wearing them correctly and/or hadnt ruined them through obvious misuse or readjusting. Once you initially put it on. The moment you start fiddling with it and adjusting it you start messing with its effectiveness. Most people dont have the discipline to just leave them alone
You cant just wear the same mask every day and expect it to remain effective.
 Plus. all it does is protect you from breathing it in immediately. Even though the airborne particles may be at least partially blocked from the mask. and even if they were fully blocked. that doesn't prevent them from landing on your skin, clothing. Or especially on the outside of the mask. Now most will use the same mask over and over. Well lets say you have been exposed but the mask protected you from that initial exposure. Well the bottom line is you now still have a contaminated mask that you likely don't even know is contaminated. Just because ti still looks clean and pristine. Doesn't mean it is THAT is why you are supposed to change them out each time. Every time you use them
Not to mention that because you weren't wearing  disposable personal protective clothing as well as, head and foot covering etc etc. Everything you wear is contaminated too literally from head to toe.

To be protected effectively. on top of wearing that mask you should be dressed like the people in this picture
(Image removed from quote.)

And in this picture of the four facing the camera only two are adequately protected. Note the one with raised goggles.
Now these are actual health care workers who are struggling/neglecting to follow proper protocol. Average people are far worse

You are so right about that.

Very tough for an average individual to dress like that.

I know just from preparing my green egg with a small mask how hard it is to not readjust or touch it from the itch. It tickles your nose. Then I can see the the black dust on it. Sometimes i still have black dust in my nose.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1646 on: March 26, 2020, 10:55:37 PM »

And for what's it's worth. I'd much rather hear from doctors on the ground like your son, rather than from the former Health Ministery leader of Ethiopia.
My son isnt a doctor. He does work for the federal government with the Dept of homeland Security and FEMA. He doesnt tell me everything he does, and considering how close we are I get the feeling he isnt allowed to tell me everything he does or knows. But  I know some of his duties with relation to current events in a nutshell are to gather and present data. But he has also has had work to organize logistics among other things.
He tells me what he can and answers my questions as he can. He says the situation is pretty much like they say it is. They have him and his co workers working 10-12 hours a day 7 days a week on this problem.
 I know he takes it deadly serious for two reasons. He is the type that if you have a problem he takes it on as if it were his problem to personally solve.
Secondly. He just got married a few weeks ago and his wife is one of those in the at risk categories because of immune suppressive medication she is on  for Crohn's disease. Which means that for this. He is taking it on as though it is his problem to personally solve.

Still he emphasizes being rational, not ridiculous.  And that one of the larger problems was and continues to be people hording supplies. And part of that concern is that it forces in many cases the elderly who are often unable to buy in bulk and people at risk to go out from place to place looking for needed items and medicines and do so more often because supplies become limited.

I wish this were better times because I would love nothing more then to have this proud papa talk about him and some of the other stories about him in relation to his seemingly continual rise there and some of the things he has relayed.
Such as. After the hurricanes hit Puerto Rico. Some of the stories the media reported were and are shall we say loosely based on facts rather then a completely truthful or complete presentation of them..
bu thats for another time.

I dont know how far he has risen exactly. But it seems to be happening fast I do know that every time I turn around he is getting another $10-$15 k raise and they keep adding to his responsibilities and having him attend meetings with higher ups for even things that aren't normally what he is involved with.  I keep telling him that it looks to me like he must have impressed the hell out of someone and that someone has decided to drag him up the ladder.

Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1647 on: March 26, 2020, 11:12:34 PM »

Italy and China both experienced about 5.5% dead among the infected. Of course, in China's case there is a matter of 21 million missing cell phones, or people.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #1648 on: March 26, 2020, 11:37:52 PM »
Italy and China both experienced about 5.5% dead among the infected. Of course, in China's case there is a matter of 21 million missing cell phones, or people.

False,the ratio you speak of is tested positive not infected.The mistake of that term is really starting to irritate me because infected to positive test is a huge uknown.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #1649 on: March 26, 2020, 11:47:45 PM »
False,the ratio you speak of is tested positive not infected.The mistake of that term is really starting to irritate me because infected to positive test is a huge uknown.

My mistake I'm guessing? I thought I was quoting Dr. Campbell on that.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.