Author Topic: anyone else getting the white screen of death when you try to drop a bomb?  (Read 704 times)

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
It has happened occasionally on previous maps, but 3 for 3 for me on this latest one. You can hear the bomb fade away into the distance and sometimes it actually hits something, but you are thrust into some foggy netherworld with engines at idle that, no matter what you do, ends you up in tower. Anyone else; and any solutions?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 10:05:34 PM by molybdenum »

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
Re: anyone else getting the white screen of death when you try to drop a bomb?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 09:13:45 AM »
It has happened occasionally on previous maps, but 3 for 3 for me on this latest one. You can hear the bomb fade away into the distance and sometimes it actually hits something, but you are thrust into some foggy netherworld with engines at idle that, no matter what you do, ends you up in tower. Anyone else; and any solutions?

Gonna log in and test this right fast. Was there a particular airframe you were flying?
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2020, 09:36:42 AM »
I asked around in game and there was one person that was having the problem.

They received the "white screen of doom" while performing the following:

1. Level bombing
2. Delivering troops (C-47)
3. Attacking targets with ordnance (non bomber aircraft)

** note: I tried level bombing and attack (non bomber) and did not receive a White Screen of Doom.

:salute

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2020, 01:10:25 PM »
See my thread where audio driver conflict caused white screen crash when certain audio changes ie firing guns was the culprit

<S>
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2020, 02:09:02 PM »
For those affected, here's the thread Eagler was referring to:

The thread: https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,398905.msg5288149.html#msg5288149

Reply #6

**Update**

Thinking this might be triggered by audio - guns firing - I checked my audio drivers after remembering what Bizman told me when I had a different issue in VR :

"The Nvidia HDMI sound is known to cause issues"

I disabled then uninstalled that driver and my crashes to white screen has stopped.

I also discovered my connection issues were being caused by a flaky Ethernet cable from the router to my computer.

<S>

Eagler

:salute

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 11:21:20 PM »

Gonna log in and test this right fast. Was there a particular airframe you were flying?

I was in Lancs last time it happened, and squaddie was in Lancs when it happened to him (though it started when he manned a gun, not dropped a bomb). Not sure if it is lanc-specific or not though.