Author Topic: Strat-raiding when ENY is tough  (Read 869 times)

Offline Blakes7

• Zinc Member
Strat-raiding when ENY is tough
« on: February 07, 2020, 03:44:13 AM »
I feel it is a bit harsh. One minute you can carry 4 engines, 4 turrets, waist guns and a minimum of 6k bombs. The next minute you are down to 1 turret, 2 engines and 3k ords in a B-25c, or 4.9k ords in a ju88. Also of course the ranges of the twin engine planes are generally more limited.

Wouldn't it be lovely to have B-17D with 3-4k max load, or B-24D or Halifax B3 Special with bombs or glider troops, or even something "completely" defenceless and useless like a FW200 or Stirling, but it has the range and load in between a B25c and a B-17G.

I know it's not likely to happen, but my only choice seems to be ju88 or Tu2 (fi you can get them) for a decent load.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 04:12:24 AM by Blakes7 »

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
Re: Strat-raiding when ENY is tough
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 04:50:42 AM »
How many players are on and what are you achieving with the strat raid?

Your profile tag line is:  Location: 60 feet high in a Lancaster heading towards your factories...

I am going to suggest you are at 25k and heading to the factories to milk run points.  No fight intended.  How is the reduction imposed by ENY actually affecting your gameplay?

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 08:05:16 AM »
I think ENY should restrict strat attack capability.  When one team has a number advantage it allows those "extra" players to spend their time creating an even larger advantage by attacking the opponents' strat and destroying field assets.  So, the outnumbered team its forced to defend vbases and ports de-acked for an hour or more.  Whether they chose to babysit the field or run supplies, or hover over their strats at 30k, the outnumbered side is further diminished.

I have suggested adjusting the downtimes based on side numbers, but the idea has never gotten traction here.

So, if there were an "intermediate" bomber available in addition to the existing plane set, I'd like to see the ENY of the big bombers increased to reduce the current advantage of the high-number team.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 08:16:03 AM by popeye »
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2020, 08:35:00 PM »
Great idea, Popeye.  :aok
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2020, 09:52:32 AM »
I think ENY should restrict strat attack capability.  When one team has a number advantage it allows those "extra" players to spend their time creating an even larger advantage by attacking the opponents' strat and destroying field assets.  So, the outnumbered team its forced to defend vbases and ports de-acked for an hour or more.  Whether they chose to babysit the field or run supplies, or hover over their strats at 30k, the outnumbered side is further diminished.

I have suggested adjusting the downtimes based on side numbers, but the idea has never gotten traction here.

So, if there were an "intermediate" bomber available in addition to the existing plane set, I'd like to see the ENY of the big bombers increased to reduce the current advantage of the high-number team.

you do know the B24 carries more bombs than any bomber except the lanc and the B29
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2020, 09:57:18 AM »

i don't think HiTech is going to hire someone to sit and monitor the game all day and night.
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2020, 11:34:23 AM »
My take on Op's wish is for more bombers, which I'm all in for. :D
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2020, 02:15:05 PM »
I think eny should go away BUT since it is probably not,
at least modify its impact
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Online icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2020, 01:44:54 PM »

Had to wait until this one returned to the map.