Author Topic: Masks for Wuhan  (Read 4095 times)

Offline OldNitro

• Nickel Member
Re: Masks for Wuhan
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2020, 05:09:15 PM »
Faux News. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
:aok

Independent media is where you get the news Raw and Bleedin..
I don't need them to filter it for me.. Controlling when and what I see/hear..

Faux News, is so LAST WEEK.. :rofl
I gave up TV totally, back in 2013, don't miss it one bit..

I watch Tucker, on an independent feed..

« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 05:12:30 PM by OldNitro »

Offline Firetech

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2020, 05:55:33 PM »
Yeah because ABC, CNN, MSNBC, New York Times, or the Washington post liberal slime wrags, aren't spreading fear and propaganda? Who lied about attacks when it was actually a Kentucky explosion? Why attack the one single half way conservative news outlet on TV? Statistics from Mark Levins book Unfreedom of the Press state that Fox news is the most balanced. You should read the first chapter of his book. Fox news is doing the people a service by actually remaining somewhat balanced. It's statistically proven and documented.

You want real journalism? Go watch George Webb Webb YouTube. But don't say Fox is spreading fear when they are actually the best MSM news channel that have highest ratings than all the liberal media combined (for a reason). When people only attack Fox news. I consider their views wildly skewed on reality.

Cracks me up when anyone can't see through the basic advertising tact that companies like Fox News uses.. "You can only trust us!! We're the ONLY ones that will tell the truth! Everyone else is lying to you! We're it.. the only ones that can save you!! ! Don't bother looking at our tower of cards any other way then what we show you!!" ROFL it's a joke that sadly so many millions fall for.

If you believe that I have a big wall going up down south... a big beautiful wall! Mexico is even paying for that wall so it's your's for free!!

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2020, 06:29:10 PM »
Cracks me up when anyone can't see through the basic advertising tact that companies like Fox News uses.. "You can only trust us!! We're the ONLY ones that will tell the truth! Everyone else is lying to you! We're it.. the only ones that can save you!! ! Don't bother looking at our tower of cards any other way then what we show you!!" ROFL it's a joke that sadly so many millions fall for.

If you believe that I have a big wall going up down south... a big beautiful wall! Mexico is even paying for that wall so it's your's for free!!

:rofl what ever you say Comrade.

Enjoy those incredibly low ratings on CNN and ABC. You are the last one standing LOL.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Firetech

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2020, 07:08:02 PM »
:rofl what ever you say Comrade.

Enjoy those incredibly low ratings on CNN and ABC. You are the last one standing LOL.

Why would I worry about a tv stations ratings?  :headscratch:

But same to you. Enjoy your carefully written scripts. Really smart people have worked hard to make sure that simple minds can digest them and respond accordingly.

Why you’re at it, parrot back some other simple lines you’ve been programmed to say. 

Offline toddbobe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2020, 09:35:31 PM »
Amazing how a post looking for help to help others can go off topic.

Thank you Hightech for letting me ask our player base.
Todd

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2020, 10:30:28 PM »
Faux News. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

You must watch cnn, the most busted news source.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: February 29, 2020, 03:26:11 PM »
It is standard equipment. I’m a lawyer, not in the medical field, I just know what those with MD after their name say.

While I am dubious about average people clinging to the magical power of masks to save them (unless you are having to be packed in to tight proximity to others in recirculated air like subways, buses, air travel, etc ), I do believe they are important equipment for healthcare workers who have to be surrounded, in close, direct contact, by hundreds or thousands of known infected for hours and days.

And while I distrust and really despise the current Chinese governmental regime, the doctors and nurses on the front like are brave people putting their own lives at risk to help others they don't even know personally.  I respect that no matter what political system you were born into beyond your control.

That said, I hate to sound like a d*k, but at this point I wouldn't send a thing over there.  If it appeared we could have kept it contained there, I would.  But it's out now. It's here.  It will get much, much, much worse here too.  The masks and supplies we think are surplus here , will be exhausted very quickly.  We'll be needing everything we got for ourselves. 

And it still won't be enough.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline toddbobe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: February 29, 2020, 03:49:25 PM »
While I am dubious about average people clinging to the magical power of masks to save them (unless you are having to be packed in to tight proximity to others in recirculated air like subways, buses, air travel, etc ), I do believe they are important equipment for healthcare workers who have to be surrounded, in close, direct contact, by hundreds or thousands of known infected for hours and days.

And while I distrust and really despise the current Chinese governmental regime, the doctors and nurses on the front like are brave people putting their own lives at risk to help others they don't even know personally.  I respect that no matter what political system you were born into beyond your control.

That said, I hate to sound like a d*k, but at this point I wouldn't send a thing over there.  If it appeared we could have kept it contained there, I would.  But it's out now. It's here.  It will get much, much, much worse here too.  The masks and supplies we think are surplus here , will be exhausted very quickly.  We'll be needing everything we got for ourselves. 

And it still won't be enough.

This post was from the early days of the plague when it was contained to Wuhan. Now that it’s here those medical professionals are reaching out to us and are freely sharing their findings, experience and information. You are correct they are hero’s and deserve our respect. They will save countless lives here. Many paid with their lives.
But yes, nothing can be sent now. All flights are cut.
We agree on the current gov in Beijing, it’s tyrannical and I hope it’s put in the ash heap of history soon. When that day comes it will be reason to celebrate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: February 29, 2020, 04:22:42 PM »
So many people have no problem dealing with a communist country till it cost them dearly. Oh well.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline toddbobe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: February 29, 2020, 04:24:04 PM »
So many people have no problem dealing with a communist country till it cost them dearly. Oh well.
There is a difference between dealing with a country and individuals that happen to be in that country.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2020, 04:26:18 PM »
There is a difference between dealing with a country and individuals that happen to be in that country.

The people made their choice long ago. They have to live with it now and so do their children.

Unless they can make a stand.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline toddbobe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2020, 04:28:34 PM »
The people made their choice long ago. They have to live with it now and so do their children.

Unless they can make a stand.
China is full of many political opinions, but most can not be shared openly. We are lucky.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2020, 11:55:19 PM »
China is full of many political opinions, but most can not be shared openly. We are lucky.

Lucky? Our rights have been fought for.... no luck.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2020, 07:54:29 AM »
Lucky? Our rights have been fought for.... no luck.

We're lucky we won. So is the rest of the world. 

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2020, 11:49:24 AM »

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/03/us-currently-has-10percent-of-face-masks-needed-for-a-full-blown-coronavirus-pandemic-hhs-official-says.html

This isn't so much a threat to the general public, but it could be devastating for our healthcare providers.

What happens to the health system once a huge percentage of the doctors and nurses become infected?

What happens to millions of sick if he health system collapses?

« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 11:53:01 AM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.