Author Topic: Kills should go to the last player who put the final bullet in the plane  (Read 2624 times)

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
Re: Kills should go to the last player who put the final bullet in the plane
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2020, 04:26:55 PM »
The kill is awarded to the player who does the most damage (prior to the plane being deemed not flyable) and is still alive.

HiTech

..and maybe we need to also add is within 3000 yards of the death/crash?
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline toasted

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2020, 04:34:17 PM »
i personally like the idea.

if i get in a fight with someone and blow off half his wing and let him go, and then he crashes on the way home i should get a kill.
if i blow off half his wing and let him go and someone else picks him up after im no longer actively trying to kill him the kill should be theirs.

3k seems like a good distance to me.
"fly as far as you can into the crash"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2020, 04:55:35 PM »
i personally like the idea.

if i get in a fight with someone and blow off half his wing and let him go, and then he crashes on the way home i should get a kill.
if i blow off half his wing and let him go and someone else picks him up after im no longer actively trying to kill him the kill should be theirs.

3k seems like a good distance to me.

If if someone is fighting 2 or 3 and takes half a wing off a guy they are not going to follow him home to finish him off as Im sure the others guys are going to try and continue to shoot the single player down. How is that fair?  Granted, these days fighting more than one at a time doesnt happen that often, but your penalizing a player who should get the credit and like Violator, the "scored" kill is important to them.

Offline toasted

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2020, 05:00:55 PM »
you then just have to keep your furball within 3k of him. or risk letting someone else get the kill.

in that scenario you can pick up a kill or two from the other guys your fighting, and you missed out on one because you didnt get the job done.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2020, 05:06:12 PM »
you then just have to keep your furball within 3k of him. or risk letting someone else get the kill.

in that scenario you can pick up a kill or two from the other guys your fighting, and you missed out on one because you didnt get the job done.

The game used to be set up some what like that years ago. You'd have a guy do critical damage to another guy and all these other players would follow them down pumping rounds into him to steal the kill. I think it works well as it is now. Adding the plane ID to the kill message would solve the problem of "knowing" which guy , in which plane got the killing shot.

Offline toasted

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2020, 05:09:09 PM »
yea, honestly the knowing who it was is a much bigger deal to me.

i just like spitballing ideas.
excellent counter points by the way.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2020, 05:17:59 PM »
The game used to be set up some what like that years ago. You'd have a guy do critical damage to another guy and all these other players would follow them down pumping rounds into him to steal the kill. I think it works well as it is now. Adding the plane ID to the kill message would solve the problem of "knowing" which guy , in which plane got the killing shot.

... this had tickled a memory for me... I thought there is an admin range setting for this... and that you had to be within a certain range to score a kill.  Now it seems in the MA that the pilot just has to be alive (as Hitech said) and he'll score the kill. I'll check tonight when I get home to see what it's set to.

:salute
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2020, 05:21:56 PM »
It might be a bit of a wordy message but I suppose there could be:

"Your plane was shot down due to XXX damage (most) from a P-51 flown by ______, XXX damage from an F4U-1A flown by ______, XXX damage from a P-38G flown by ______, XXX damage from a B-17 gunned by ______ and XXX damage (least) from a Jeep gunned by ______."

Or .... it could stay simple and just be the abridged version. Perhaps a preference toggle in flight options?

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2020, 05:26:26 PM »

"Your plane was shot down due to XXX damage (most) from a P-51 flown by ______, XXX damage from an F4U-1A flown by ______, XXX damage from a P-38G flown by ______, XXX damage from a B-17 gunned by ______ and XXX damage (least) from a Jeep gunned by ______."

Or .... it could stay simple and just be the abridged version. Perhaps a preference toggle in flight options?

How about:  "You're dead, beotch!"

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2020, 05:26:53 PM »
... this had tickled a memory for me... I thought there is an admin range setting for this... and that you had to be within a certain range to score a kill.  Now it seems in the MA that the pilot just has to be alive (as Hitech said) and he'll score the kill. I'll check tonight when I get home to see what it's set to.

Just give a perk point for every 10 rounds (or x amount of weight damage) you put in someone and leave the the fame to mystery. Saluting the enema is passe'. ;)

Offline toasted

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2020, 05:27:22 PM »

honestly that would be awesome, even if it wasnt a regular toast and had to be checked after the flight from the clipboard.

maybe a regular short version in the message window and access to the rest of the info from the clipboard.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2020, 05:27:32 PM »

:rofl  :aok  :rofl

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2020, 05:45:02 PM »

:rofl
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2020, 06:20:23 PM »
[q]
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 06:22:28 PM by FLOOB »
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2020, 06:21:49 PM »
Kills should go to the last player who put the final bullet in the plane

It used to be that way and kill stealing was really annoying. The system we have now is the best yet of multiplayer dogfight gaming imo. My one gripe is that it only rewards the player who made the goal and not the rest of the team that got the ball down the field. In other words the 202 what tackled the guy and wrestled him to the ground should get some of them perks  :furious
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck