Author Topic: A couple of questions  (Read 677 times)

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
A couple of questions
« on: February 14, 2020, 01:43:52 PM »
Does squelch work if someone tunes to you on vox 5? The reason I ask is I don't want any more foul comments from a particular player
My second question is how can I block this new feature of getting every players kill showing on my screen? :x
 this is kind of a laugher I just changed from Norton security 2 PC matic  my frame rate has jumped considerably. I am showing framerates as hi as 172, with Norton I showed  a constant 59 which is great but I have a 60 Hertz monitor
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 01:51:23 PM by 1Cane »
AkCaine

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: A couple of questions
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 03:27:57 PM »
With a 60hz monitor it may be best to turn V-Sync on so you are locked at 60FPS.

AVs like Norton and McAfee are pretty much just bloatware, so I am not surprised of the performance gains once you got rid of it. I've not heard much about PC Matic, but generally the built-in Win 10 Defender is fine as long as the users have common sense.

i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 04:20:29 PM »
squelch does block both text and voice. "Report" works well too.

As far as I know, the kill messages can not be turned off. They are a game setting.

Offline toasted

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2020, 04:22:37 PM »
Mouse over text window/ right click all tab/ select edit settings. / Uncheck system messages.

Also if you wish you can create a new tab that then has only the system messages. And then if you wish drag the new tab out to make it's own window.

HiTEch
"fly as far as you can into the crash"