Author Topic: Kill message spam  (Read 1081 times)

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
Kill message spam
« on: February 14, 2020, 09:08:04 PM »
I wish for the ability to disable ok only the x killed x messages, and make it the way it was before.

I understand the system messages can be disabled or they can be put in another tab but I know I won't use it.

《S》
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
Re: Kill message spam
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 03:11:55 PM »
And when you use a second tab, all the system info goes to it, not just kill spam.  Please make the kill spam a stand alone option or do away with it.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 03:14:05 PM »
Amazing that folks want to see they landed kills but not that they died.

This is the way it was for years. HT just turned it back on.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 03:24:16 PM »
Could care less if anyone sees the kills, the message board is used for MESSAGES!  Also info like hanger down, gun down, field captured etc.  You either have to miss all the system info or the country messages if you split to a second tab.  Again, AN OPTION WOULD SATISFY EVERYONE!!!

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2020, 03:25:57 PM »
Could care less if anyone sees the kills, the message board is used for MESSAGES!  Also info like hanger down, gun down, field captured etc.  You either have to miss all the system info or the country messages if you split to a second tab.  Again, AN OPTION WOULD SATISFY EVERYONE!!!
This. I can see why the kill messages would be annoying due to the amount of them.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2020, 04:13:17 PM »
The host supplies all kinds of info.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline toasted

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2020, 06:33:18 PM »
The host supplies all kinds of info.

great, but its not that the host is supplying info, that is good.

its just the info could be presented better.

as it is even if they are separated out to their own window you miss important info because how it scrolls. or one sound failing to stop kills the entire feed.

i feel there is zero reason it cant be its own separate thing from the host messages.
"fly as far as you can into the crash"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2020, 06:51:08 PM »
great, but its not that the host is supplying info, that is good.

its just the info could be presented better.

as it is even if they are separated out to their own window you miss important info because how it scrolls. or one sound failing to stop kills the entire feed.

i feel there is zero reason it cant be its own separate thing from the host messages.

So you know how easy it is to recode the game so that the kill message could be split out. Maybe you dont and its more of a project than you think it is.

Offline toasted

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2020, 07:09:03 PM »
So you know how easy it is to recode the game so that the kill message could be split out. Maybe you dont and its more of a project than you think it is.

I mean sure there could be some technical problem with that. but having done a fair bit of coding myself i am going to go out on a limb and say that is something that hitech could handle.

I would however bet the code is not that rigid, and this is a doable change. i also expect hitech is competent enough to pull it off if it was what he wanted.

I should have clarified though. i meant from a gameplay point of view.  (i obviously am not privy to hitech's reasoning) thats my bad.

i feel there is zero reason from a game-play point of view ,that it cant be its own separate thing from the host messages.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 07:27:53 PM by toasted »

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2020, 09:21:18 AM »
Agreed.  I don't know the coding required, but obviously the game recognizes it as a separate entity since it can be turned off and on.  It makes the message board almost useless.  Again, it is not the information in the spam I object to, it is the quantity that overfills the text window.  JUST PUT IT AS A CHECK BOX ON THE SETTINGS. 

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2020, 11:05:13 AM »
This is one of the most disliked changes implanted in aces high.  i think it is even higher on the bad list of  changes than the GV dar-bar

On vox this shockingly bad change in the text buffer's function comes up all the time as a compliant.

Angry post about this change may  come up in the text buffer but it goes by so fast, you can not read it anyway.

I noticed the few positive comments about this egregious change comes from players who rarely or no longer play, or do not play during prime time.

As so many have said or posted, the text buffer should be used for only useful information.

The spewing crap of who killed who just has no place on the information text buffer.

If it is a desired feature during non-prime time, then give us the option to turn it off.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2020, 11:57:06 AM »
just about every change is the most disliked change at least that's how the forums read... .

I think it's a good thing. It shows server activity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2020, 11:57:21 AM »
This is one of the most disliked changes implanted in aces high.  i think it is even higher on the bad list of  changes than the GV dar-bar

On vox this shockingly bad change in the text buffer's function comes up all the time as a compliant.

Angry post about this change may  come up in the text buffer but it goes by so fast, you can not read it anyway.

I noticed the few positive comments about this egregious change comes from players who rarely or no longer play, or do not play during prime time.

As so many have said or posted, the text buffer should be used for only useful information.

The spewing crap of who killed who just has no place on the information text buffer.

If it is a desired feature during non-prime time, then give us the option to turn it off.

So for you it is the worst thing that ever happened.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline toasted

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2020, 01:42:36 PM »
to be clear, a lot of us do not want it off completely

I feel it adds a sense of action, and enhances my SA.

it's just how the data is displayed that is rough.

in my opinion the player interface is one of the main things that makes this game "feel" like it's old.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2020, 03:31:04 PM »
But I like SPAM
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech