Author Topic: Help with CH pro pedals  (Read 618 times)

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
Help with CH pro pedals
« on: February 18, 2020, 08:22:50 PM »
Bought some CH pro pedals a while back and they're not working.

Anybody have some basic troubleshooting info?

Goes to full left deflection or nothing, and it only does that when I disable and enable it. Otherwise it does nothing.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Help with CH pro pedals
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2020, 08:43:58 PM »
Be sure the USB port you are using is good, switch the pedals to another to see if they work on a different one.

Use a powered USB hub. Plug the hub into a good USB port on the computer and then you can plug all of your controllers into the hub, plug in the hub for plenty of power.

In the game, bring up the controllers section (options, controls, map controllers) use the drop down box to select the pedals. Click on the advance button. Click the Z axis and slide the pedals. check to see if the game "sees" the controllers movement. Double check that you have nothing else set to that Z axis, trim knobs and such.

If it still either slams to one side, or doesnt work at all then you may be looking at a broken wire in the pedals. They come apart pretty easy. Check each wire.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2020, 01:12:55 AM »
It's a necessity to calibrate most controllers in Windows first, I had to do it again this month after moving to a new place.

On Win10: Open Settings. In the search box, type 'Game controller' and it should display/give you an option that says 'Set up USB game controllers', select it. When the dialog opens, double click (each of) your controller to bring up the specific properties and then click the 'Settings' tab to calibrate. I can't remember the direct way to get to this dialog.

Also, in Control Panel/Devices - Bluetooth, printers, mouse/ scroll to Other devices. You can't calibrate here, but if your peddles are plugged in properly, you'll see them listed as 'CH PRO PEDALS USB'. As Fugitive said, you'll need a powered hub, particularly using an older PC.

You're going to love having ped's after you get used to them.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2020, 01:15:55 AM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2020, 01:13:14 AM »
Fugi nailed it, for the most part  :aok Sometimes just changing the USB they are plugged into fixes this, in does for me :uhoh Also, are you using CH's Profile Manager/Drivers? This software can cause some issues as well. The Generic Windows Drivers work just as well...or better if its a software issue :D Calibrate in Windows and in Game...hope you get it figured out,brother  :salute Easy beat to it...but he nailed it also :x
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline SpinDoc1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020, 01:05:39 PM »
quick dummy question...do you have to have matching pedals to stick, or can I use a MS Sidewinder stick and just allocate Z-axis to the pedals separately? Thanks!
AKSpnDoc
Spin Doc's Aces High VR Video channel! https://youtu.be/BKk7_OOHkgI

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2020, 01:29:14 PM »
Mine are old and have a switch on the pedals for planes or cars. MAke sure your in the right mode.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2020, 01:58:43 PM »
quick dummy question...do you have to have matching pedals to stick, or can I use a MS Sidewinder stick and just allocate Z-axis to the pedals separately? Thanks!
Multiple brands are supported at the same time. You'll be fine.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2020, 09:01:51 PM »
Mine are old and have a switch on the pedals for planes or cars. MAke sure your in the right mode.

by the OP's description, your post was exactly what i was thinking

best I can remember both the old regular CH Pedals and the CH Pro Pedals had the plane/Automobile switch
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC