Author Topic: Tanks in sound pack  (Read 580 times)

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
Tanks in sound pack
« on: February 20, 2020, 01:33:01 PM »
I got used to hearing a tank grinding, screeching sound when turning its turret from another game and think it's a great realistic feature.

The engine off camper being able to noiselessly turn the turret when in reality the sound even with current motorized turrets should be able to be heard by other close players. WW2 tanks some with hand crank turrets were loud screeching metal on metal, not the noiseless movement.

Just a wish.
Ground Pounders ...

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
Re: Tanks in sound pack
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 12:07:56 PM »
HiTech uses synthetic grease that's why you can't hear it
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2020, 12:01:47 PM »
Preferences, game sounds, advanced:
Actuators: set to 100 per cent for realism  :D

My little harmless M-8 takes forever for the turret to reach it's position, so I had to turn it down so I do not
go deaf. Could you imagine hearing all of those turrets turning at a camped spawn battle? That would be
awesome.  I think that would make the spawn battles even more fun.    :rofl :rofl :rofl

:salute
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2020, 03:16:03 PM »
Preferences, game sounds, advanced:
Actuators: set to 100 per cent for realism  :D

My little harmless M-8 takes forever for the turret to reach it's position, so I had to turn it down so I do not
go deaf. Could you imagine hearing all of those turrets turning at a camped spawn battle? That would be
awesome.  I think that would make the spawn battles even more fun.    :rofl :rofl :rofl

:salute

You have turret syndrome.  :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)