Author Topic: End Sortie  (Read 1385 times)

Offline 715

• Silver Member
End Sortie
« on: February 20, 2020, 10:53:38 PM »
Not sure if this is a bug or a new feature: exiting a GV away from concrete gives ditch even if no enemy are in the area, i.e. shows red End Sortie. If I take a perk tank to defend a strat I am guaranteed to lose perk points or spend an hour driving back.

Offline pallero

• Copper Member
Re: End Sortie
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 06:21:35 AM »
In fact, it is a very old feature that has come back in use for some reason.
These 'new features' will kill the game.
Or at least all the fun in the game.

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2020, 11:22:06 AM »
if you are closer to an enemy base than you are to a friendly base, you will get a red "end sortie " light even if there is no enemy around.  You only have to drive long enough to get closer to a friendly base to have a green  end sortie

Offline Excaliber

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 11:27:20 AM »
In fact, it is a very old feature that has come back in use for some reason.
These 'new features' will kill the game.
Or at least all the fun in the game.

Yep.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2020, 01:18:46 PM »
if you are closer to an enemy base than you are to a friendly base, you will get a red "end sortie " light even if there is no enemy around.  You only have to drive long enough to get closer to a friendly base to have a green  end sortie

This seems to have changed with the latest update.  You get a red endsortie and a ditch even if you are in friendly territory with no enemies around.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2020, 02:00:28 PM »

Not true. I tested it: directly on a non flashing friendly vehicle base, far from any enemy or enemy bases, got a ditch on the grass just in front of the indestructible hanger.

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2020, 12:38:45 PM »
Not true. I tested it: directly on a non flashing friendly vehicle base, far from any enemy or enemy bases, got a ditch on the grass just in front of the indestructible hanger.

The same happens in aircraft. I don't see the need for any difference between GV and aircraft ditch rules. If you don't make it back to base, you don't make it back to base.

:salute
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline lutrel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2020, 02:17:28 PM »
The same happens in aircraft. I don't see the need for any difference between GV and aircraft ditch rules. If you don't make it back to base, you don't make it back to base.

Think about that for a second, vehicles spawn into other bases; do you really expect them to have to drive  all the way back to a base they didn't have to drive from in the first place?
Lutrel AkA "Lut"
CO ~Avengers~

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2020, 02:18:56 PM »
Think about that for a second, vehicles spawn into other bases; do you really expect them to have to drive  all the way back to a base they didn't have to drive from in the first place?

Unless an "extraction point" is added, then yes.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2020, 05:04:54 PM »
So if I defend a strat in a tank, you say I should drive the 25 miles back to base, including over mountains that cut my speed to 10 mph?

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2020, 05:23:06 PM »
So if I defend a strat in a tank, you say I should drive the 25 miles back to base, including over mountains that cut my speed to 10 mph?

Did ya drive it back to base or did ya leave the tank in the field?

Using your logic, if I don't make it back to the runway and went four wheeling instead and came to a complete stop in the woods near the base, I should receive a green end sortie and not a ditch, right?

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2020, 07:22:04 PM »
You are not considering the difference between vehicles and planes: it takes you 5 minutes to fly back to base it takes me about an hour or more to drive back to base. It's moot anyway; someone mentioned in the main thread that Hitech already acknowledged it's a bug in the new patch.

However, I agree with you that if you fly your plane back to your field and skid off the runway undamaged into the dirt, you should still get a landing as the crew would just push or tow the plane to the field.

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2020, 10:30:33 PM »
I hear this is a bug but not sure.

No way n hell should a tank that goes 50 mph and 10 on hills have to drive back to the base. That just torture and tedious.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2020, 08:46:32 AM »
He said he was on concrete.  That can only occur at a base.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2020, 09:23:36 AM »
He said he was on concrete.  That can only occur at a base.

read the first post again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk