Author Topic: Custom Sounds Installer  (Read 6785 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Custom Sounds Installer
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2020, 06:00:17 PM »
Just erase the *.bank files in \HTC\Aces High III\CustomSounds\Desktop

How taking your headset off would cause it is beyond me.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline WpnX

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2020, 07:40:11 PM »
Just erase the *.bank files in \HTC\Aces High III\CustomSounds\Desktop

How taking your headset off would cause it is beyond me.

Just tested it after deleting the .bank files and it is operating as it should be again, engine sounds are not dropping when I remove headset anymore. Another problem that I was having with the sound pack was every time I'd pass an enemy plane it would sound like his engine was stopping and restarting. I realize guys do this (rarely) but it was happening about every time with the sound pack.
Elvis
The Flying Circus

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2020, 08:37:42 PM »
Just tested it after deleting the .bank files and it is operating as it should be again, engine sounds are not dropping when I remove headset anymore. Another problem that I was having with the sound pack was every time I'd pass an enemy plane it would sound like his engine was stopping and restarting. I realize guys do this (rarely) but it was happening about every time with the sound pack.

I think this is a feature. Also, it is to be resolved in the next patch. But, I am not sure when that patch will come.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2020, 10:58:25 PM »
Hitech: Never answer "W" questions. This is the way.

I have spoken.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2020, 01:42:55 PM »
Hitech: Never answer "W" questions. This is the way.

I have spoken.

No problem. I am eagerly awaiting the patch. Back to default sounds for now.

:aok
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2020, 12:56:47 PM »
Chalenge,

Just want to comment that I've been flying 109 G6, 190 A-5, and mostly P-47  D11 in MA to practice for July's scenario...and have been greatly enjoying the fruits of your work with the improved sounds in all three birds.     :aok

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2020, 09:41:40 AM »

I’ve noticed this with the Mustangs each time one passes.  Not so much which others.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2020, 02:50:36 PM »
I’ve noticed this with the Mustangs each time one passes.  Not so much which others.

It happens with every airplane. The P-51 sounds like it is about to blow up when it passes from behind, but sounds very tame in front of you when it is coming at you. It is an odd sound thing, for sure.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2020, 03:06:38 PM »
It happens with every airplane. The P-51 sounds like it is about to blow up when it passes from behind, but sounds very tame in front of you when it is coming at you. It is an odd sound thing, for sure.

Good point!  In real life, the Mustang does sound pretty bad when it’s pulled all the way to idle.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 03:11:26 PM by Puma44 »

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2020, 03:35:51 PM »
I think you missed my point. It just does not sound like a real airplane in certain situations, in my opinion. But, I know very little. It is almost as if the game, instead of letting you hear the engine from 1.5 to 800, takes those sounds and applies it at 800 at double speed until it passes. Almost like the sound is at 2x speed. It makes for a very unpleasant experience. Given the popularity of the P-51 in the MA, I had to resort to default. I eagerly await a patch!
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2020, 04:41:28 PM »
No, I didn’t miss your point.  Just adding a comment.

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2020, 05:18:44 PM »
 :aok
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2020, 10:13:16 AM »
It would be very helpful if you would record it, note the time in the recording in which it occurs, and then upload it for me. TIA

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2020, 07:43:53 AM »
I certainly have the restart on contact fixed, but try as I might I cannot recreate whatever the "double speed" problem is.

Offline Cluzig

• Copper Member
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2020, 09:01:02 PM »
I have been using this sound pack several months so thanks for the work Chalenger and overall it's very good. I forget the original sounds at this stage as I didn't play with them very long but the german wep and engine sounds are particularly good and most British aircraft too.