Author Topic: Male/Female Basic Training Co-ed  (Read 821 times)

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Male/Female Basic Training Co-ed
« on: March 04, 2020, 06:47:53 PM »
Just out of curiosity, anyone know if a foreign country have implemented this yet?
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: Male/Female Basic Training Co-ed
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2020, 12:58:45 AM »
You mean men and women in the army doing the same things? We've had that since 1995, it's voluntaryfor women. Now they're planning common dormitories.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2020, 03:50:57 PM »
Discussion came up at work, I remember something about maybe Israeli or Chinese having both men and women in same dormitory and showers.  No positive confirmation on that.  Maybe a hoax from years ago passed around on internet.
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2020, 10:50:22 AM »
I don't know of any pure co ed basic training going on, ala Starship Troopers. It would definitely have a discipline issue that no training cadre would want to have to deal with ranging from jealousy through pregnancy issues.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2020, 01:50:36 PM »
---through pregnancy issues.
Whut? Supposedly the girls in the army know enough about birth control. Well, at least here...
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2020, 02:03:18 PM »
The idea of the US Government handing condoms to female soldiers would probably make 1/3rd of the Senate's heads explode.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2020, 03:30:17 PM »
The idea of the US Government handing condoms to female soldiers would probably make 1/3rd of the Senate's heads explode.

LOL yet they have no problem handing the out at middle schools.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2020, 12:56:36 AM »
I'm sure they do, they just don't have control over all school districts.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2020, 10:24:15 AM »
Whut? Supposedly the girls in the army know enough about birth control. Well, at least here...

The Navy has had an issue with it when their ships went coed several years back. It is also a way for some Army women who are less than thrilled with being in one of the areas they get deployed to and it gets them rotated back stateside early.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2020, 12:17:10 PM »
The Navy has had an issue with it when their ships went coed several years back. It is also a way for some Army women who are less than thrilled with being in one of the areas they get deployed to and it gets them rotated back stateside early.
Oh yes, the US army isn't a civic duty and it takes quite a lot longer. Ours is from 6 months to a year depending whether you're cannon fodder or a group leader. As the women are volunteers they can withdraw until 45 days from the start, or they can be sent home if found unsuitable.

Kotisivuni