Author Topic: P51's  (Read 1700 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: P51's
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2020, 07:19:23 PM »
P-51s in India overheated just taxiing to the runway, so . . .
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2020, 09:19:02 PM »
P-51s in India overheated just taxiing to the runway, so . . .

Many planes had that problem, and some still do, if they are not managed properly.  While sitting on the ground, you don't have the normal airflow to cool the engine.  The plane wasn't designed to taxi all day, it was designed to fly.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Hotstuff

• Zinc Member
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2020, 11:04:06 PM »
What's wrong with the damage model other then when  I plane looses half of a wing it flys faster?

Parts freely come off in Aces high, especially wing parts. Planes explode. If you look at real gun camera footage it doesn't happen too much.

I think IL2 has a better damage model, especially with their new update. If your wing is full of holes, you don't fly just as fine without them, there is a heavy penalty.

One thing that is frustrating in AH is that if you are in an early war plane and land some good hits on a late war plane but don't take off any pieces, that guy is still flying just as well as if you didn't hit him.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2020, 11:12:37 PM »
One thing that is frustrating in AH is that if you are in an early war plane and land some good hits on a late war plane but don't take off any pieces, that guy is still flying just as well as if you didn't hit him.

Then they weren't really 'good hits.' Just hits.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2020, 04:47:59 AM »
One night long ago four or five Pups decided to fly Spit 1's on Trinity, which meant the enemy had to come to us. I locked up a bogey and started to light him up, but after a bit my wingman asked me is I was hitting him, or just toying with him. The only thing I felt like my guns were doing was giving the poor guy on the other end a headache from all the sounds, but he eventually scraped something he couldn't fly away from. Early war planes are fun, but in the MA the enemy has to be determined to die if they are in a late war ride, otherwise they can just run.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2020, 07:24:41 AM »
One night long ago four or five Pups decided to fly Spit 1's on Trinity, which meant the enemy had to come to us. I locked up a bogey and started to light him up, but after a bit my wingman asked me is I was hitting him, or just toying with him. The only thing I felt like my guns were doing was giving the poor guy on the other end a headache from all the sounds, but he eventually scraped something he couldn't fly away from. Early war planes are fun, but in the MA the enemy has to be determined to die if they are in a late war ride, otherwise they can just run.

I don't think that's a damage design problem with the game.  The 8-gun British planes require you to set your convergence closer than the .50 cal. and cannon planes do.  I have mine at 175, others use 200.  AND, because you're firing deer cartridges, it's pointless to shoot from further away than about 200 yards indicated.  But if you do those things, the .303s really chop up an enemy plane.

- oldman