Author Topic: New H2H terrain targeting new players  (Read 339 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
New H2H terrain targeting new players
« on: March 15, 2020, 05:47:32 PM »
The new H2H terrain targeting new players.

It's meant for H2H hosting to give new players, and looky lous, an easy introduction to the game mechanics.

The new combat terrain with 2 fields (bish & knit) replaced the previous 3 field version. It's basically a 16x16 bowl with lots of ground targets to practice on, and skyscrapers to avoid, while waiting for someone to show up.

I think it's good enough for now. I could spend another month getting satisfied with the textures, and two of the train engines are indestructible, but I didn’t want to wait over pretty. I’ll fix those issues going forward.

Check it out and see if it breaks. The first thing you'll need to do right away is .sfield 1 1, .sfield 2 2, .sfield 3 & 4 as 3 rook. You might end up off map until you change those fields to the proper countries. I'll find out how to change the server's host table next week. Also, you can use the .eplane 0 0 command to enable all planes/rides at once and the .dplane 0 0 command to disable all planes in the arena. If you get into hosting, you can save all your arena settings to your harddrive for quick recovery upload.

Thanks

:cheers:
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
Re: New H2H terrain targeting new players
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2020, 05:52:33 PM »
where might one find this arena?

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: New H2H terrain targeting new players
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2020, 12:01:52 AM »
I'll be hosting starting tomorrow, still a few things like the MOTD and settings to establish before then.

If you're in a hurry to see the terrain, you can create a custom arena after selecting "combat" from the list of terrains in the "Choose Terrain" tab on the splash screen.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001