Author Topic: I need Two new towers  (Read 1090 times)

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
I need Two new towers
« on: March 17, 2020, 05:03:18 PM »
Looking to have two new cpus at my lake house and ranch. Could someone direct me to a good solid system to run this game at normal settings. Budget is $800 and below for each..

Thanks

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
Re: I need Two new towers
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2020, 07:02:50 PM »
Looking to have two new cpus at my lake house and ranch. Could someone direct me to a good solid system to run this game at normal settings. Budget is $800 and below for each..

Thanks

Have you considered getting a laptop that you can bring to your various locations?

Offline wrench

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2020, 11:26:38 AM »
Check these out. My son bought one and is very happy with it.

https://www.ibuypower.com/
Leave that thing alone!
Relax said the Knight, man, we are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2020, 09:09:29 AM »
Check these out. My son bought one and is very happy with it.

https://www.ibuypower.com/

They are Ok in a pinch, but becareful..... One of my nephews got ripped off buying one of their Gaming PCs.... Had Windows 10 Pro, but came with just 1 8GB stick of system ram and Windows 10 would barely run on it and the GTX 970 4 GB GPU listed was actually a GTX 760 2GB GPU...... I ended up giving him $500+ in system ram and videocard and tweaked his windows 10 for him........ibuypower refused the return and he had only had it 3 days...his Mom paid almost 1 grand for the system.......YMMV

Food for thought

Hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 09:52:12 AM »
I believe you can buy them through Best Buy. In that case you deal with the store and not ibuypower.

When you buy these "built" machines they may change some items by they are usually pretty equal replacement parts they use.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 09:54:05 AM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Online Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 11:38:16 AM »
I kinda saw myself being shut in for a while a few weeks ago and started ordering some parts for a new PC figuring it'd give me a project to pass the time. Just finished putting together a 3900x build that replaces my c2011 2600k build and should get me the next bunch of years down the road. Pretty nice bump in performance! It's not very hard to build your own PC. Seriously, if you can run a Phillips head screwdriver, you can build a PC. Cheaper too and with parts you spec yourself. Google is your friend. PC parts picker is your friend--it'll warn you if you select incompatible things. Shop for deals on your parts and save a few more bucks. It's actually a lot of fun. At least for me. I'm a wrench turner generally but the geek is strong with me!

Old PC has become the wife's WFH office which is aka the dining room table!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2020, 01:32:49 AM »
From this point forward I will just get in touch with Puget Systems and tell them what I want my new system to do. I don't believe I would limit them to a specific dollar figure though. They actually do system configuration tests until they find the optimum system for you. Sure beats doing all the research you can and then hitting a bottleneck.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2020, 07:26:44 AM »
Just set up two systems. Both were Ibuypower and are up and running. So far they run smooth and sense they had identical system made it easy for running this game.

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2020, 07:53:21 AM »
They are Ok in a pinch, but becareful..... One of my nephews got ripped off buying one of their Gaming PCs.... Had Windows 10 Pro, but came with just 1 8GB stick of system ram and Windows 10 would barely run on it and the GTX 970 4 GB GPU listed was actually a GTX 760 2GB GPU...... I ended up giving him $500+ in system ram and videocard and tweaked his windows 10 for him........ibuypower refused the return and he had only had it 3 days...his Mom paid almost 1 grand for the system.......YMMV

Food for thought

Hope this helps

TC

A little follow up on my previous post:

After going back and researching how my niece went about purchasing the ibuypower PC for my nephew, I found out she bought it through Amazon from a 3rd party.....with that said, whoever originally bought it probably stripped the parts they wanted then Pawnee the remains off to another party....ibuypower's reason for denial of return was because the customer name/address didn't add up to what they had on file.....and he only had it 3 days from the Amazon purchase.....it was actually 40+ days from the original purchase date from ibuypower....

Nice told me the only reason she didn't get me to build him one from scratch was because of the death of my Mom several months before she bought the PC before Christmas 2018.....

Heh, she has learned her lesson the hard way I guess.....

Good luck with those PC's , FX1

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2020, 10:38:02 AM »
A little follow up on my previous post:

After going back and researching how my niece went about purchasing the ibuypower PC for my nephew, I found out she bought it through Amazon from a 3rd party.....with that said, whoever originally bought it probably stripped the parts they wanted then Pawnee the remains off to another party....ibuypower's reason for denial of return was because the customer name/address didn't add up to what they had on file.....and he only had it 3 days from the Amazon purchase.....it was actually 40+ days from the original purchase date from ibuypower....

Nice told me the only reason she didn't get me to build him one from scratch was because of the death of my Mom several months before she bought the PC before Christmas 2018.....

Heh, she has learned her lesson the hard way I guess.....

Good luck with those PC's , FX1

TC

What a shame she got ripped off. So Amazon did nothing either I guess.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2020, 10:42:14 AM »
What a shame she got ripped off. So Amazon did nothing either I guess.

A complaint was filed but nothing became of it...... The person/company she purchased it from on Amazon is no longer listing any items....