Author Topic: GHOST CURSOR  (Read 590 times)

Offline BBaw48

• Zinc Member
GHOST CURSOR
« on: March 19, 2020, 08:26:11 PM »
Hello High Tech and knowledgeable associates,
This is Bill Knopf, aka BBaw, a longtime member. For many months I have been experiencing an annoying problem. I’m pretty sure it’s not the fault of Aces High since no one else has been having this problem.

Here it is. After a few minutes of flying I hear a “bloop” sound and a small blue circular progress wheel appears which parallels my main cursor. It follows my main cursor, but off to one side. After a while it becomes a small white cursor which still parallels the main cursor. When I close the clipboard map the main cursor disappears as usual, but the “ghost clone cursor” remains. It’s very annoying, and I have been “dealing with it”, but……..do you have any idea what in my computer (app, settings, etc…) is causing this? I’d really like it to stop. Hehe

Thank you for anything you can do or for any advice.

BTW, my gaming computer is running windows 8.2   Avoiding windows 10. Too many problems with it on my other puter.

Cheers,
Bill Knopf    aka BBaw         bk5str@verizon.net
You can pick your friends, you can pick your nose, and you can pick your banjo. But you can't pick your friend's banjo with your nose.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: GHOST CURSOR
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 08:36:10 PM »
Have you tried checking Task Manager to see what else is running along with the game?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: GHOST CURSOR
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 08:38:07 PM »
Sounds like something else is grabbing your computer. It seems like it is holding it for a bit of time..... I hear a “bloop” sound and a small blue circular progress wheel appears which parallels my main cursor. It follows my main cursor, but off to one side....... hit Cntrl, Alt, Delete and see what other programs are running at the time this is happening. Google the top few that are grabbing your computer and see what they are and possibly find out why its grabbing your computer.