Author Topic: upload download speed  (Read 793 times)

Offline bortas1

• Silver Member
upload download speed
« on: March 20, 2020, 08:53:59 PM »
 :salute hey all , I was wondering is there any way I can get my upload faster? right now my download is about 120 and upload 6 help please.
bortas  :salute

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: upload download speed
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2020, 12:19:51 AM »
:salute hey all , I was wondering is there any way I can get my upload faster? right now my download is about 120 and upload 6 help please.

If you're looking for speed for this game, those speeds are more than enough.
What you really want is a low ping and a stable variance in delay.

Coogan
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 12:25:05 AM by 100Coogn »
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2020, 06:45:27 AM »

Your ISP limits your upload speed depending on your contract. You can check that and see what you should be gettng but typically it's a small fraction of your DL speed.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2020, 11:50:04 AM »
FWIW I've noticed some sites have been painfully slow this past week. I attribute it to the whole lockdown thing. I think it's Netflix using all the bandwidth! I put together a new PC over the weekend, got most of my parts before the lock! Been downloading this and that to get it rolling. Installing AH took a while as the DL from the servers here, naturally was one of the slow ones. That stdshapes (I think) file is a humdinger but usually blinks right thru on my internet. Not last night anyway!
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 12:22:50 PM »
I have good speed up and down from my AT&T fixed wireless ISP, but lots of packet loss(click on ping details before entering the arena ).  I have found using my cell phone as a modem (USB tethering) greatly improves things when I am playing AH.  The packet loss either does not occur or does not matter in other uses.

Offline bortas1

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2020, 07:16:46 PM »
 :salute thank you all for your comments. my ping been about mid 20s and upload speed 3 weeks ago was about 20.  upload now is between 4 to 8. thanks all :salute

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2020, 08:18:52 PM »
Just FYI, the Internet worldwide will be negatively impacted until further notice as more people are using their electronics 24/7 in isolation.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline bortas1

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2020, 11:17:59 AM »
 :salute so true  lol  :cheers:

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2020, 06:51:57 AM »

Contact your isp
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women