Author Topic: Oculus Rift Headset  (Read 1178 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Oculus Rift Headset
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2020, 02:43:40 AM »
Even with all its Issues!!!!! Holy CRAP, what days we are in! I could have NEVER IMAGINED this being Reality! I have been ENTHRALLED with Flight my Whole Life! Believe it or not....I remember My Second Birthday Party Theme/Cake..yup Air Planes. Its as close as I could hope for, as in experience  :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2020, 04:46:31 PM »
You really want to see 'things to come', the Quest has a black and white pass through mode where you can see the room around you. In the latest version you can run this with a browser window sitting in this space. The window is about 4 feet diagonal, it is static, ie floating in the same space. You can walk up to around around the browser window. So it's kind of like an augmented reality view.

Once we get a lightweight quest style headset with full AR things are really gonna change.

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2020, 07:58:44 PM »
.... I popped mine off and put my headset mic combo that I had always used. Works great....

Same here.