Author Topic: view stuttering or jittering using Oculus Rift  (Read 707 times)

Offline elc7367b

• Silver Member
view stuttering or jittering using Oculus Rift
« on: March 24, 2020, 10:44:14 AM »
It seems that since the last Oculus update, to the best of my recollection, I have been having frame jitters or stutters that only seem to be happening while looking forward.  Whenever I look to either side, up or down I do not have this problem.  When the clipboard is brought up it will jitter or stutter as well.  Very frustrating.  I do not appear to get this problem with other vr games that I tried to see if the same thing is happening there.

Muttman

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
Re: view stuttering or jittering using Oculus Rift
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 11:50:06 AM »
My RiftS has had performance issues since Oculus unified their software and drivers in December. They added a bunch of FB crap to it and clearly it's had a negative affect. Some people have had a terrible time with things that, while there have been 2 version revisions since then, that haven't been fixed.

I'm on the PTC their test channel so essentially a beta tester. I've been a beta tester before and how that generally works is some comms from the devs saying hey we're rolling out a new test version, here's what we changed, test this and let us know how it went. These guys just spit out a new version and you're lucky to get a changelog out of them! Patches in between versions? No info whatsoever, you just see the update is happening.

Even so my experience hasn't been as bad as some who can't even get their brand new devices to connect! That's gotta be beyond frustrating. I'm just seeing reduced FR in some games.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Pluto

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 12:16:33 PM »
Most recent update did it to my riftS. The previous update was perfect for me

Offline elc7367b

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2020, 12:18:36 PM »
Most recent update did it to my riftS. The previous update was perfect for me

To be clear, are you experiencing the same issue or something else?  Have you been able to correct anything at all?

Mutt

Offline Pluto

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2020, 02:22:07 PM »
Same issues, plus sometimes now when I take my headset off and put it back on, it wont load up and I need to restart oculus service. I've been working out of state for a couple weeks so I havent been able to mess with it much

Offline elc7367b

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2020, 04:22:20 PM »
Same issues, plus sometimes now when I take my headset off and put it back on, it wont load up and I need to restart oculus service. I've been working out of state for a couple weeks so I havent been able to mess with it much

Thanks, computers and I don't see eye to eye most of the time.  I need things to be real simple.

Mutt

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2020, 10:42:53 PM »
It seems that since the last Oculus update, to the best of my recollection, I have been having frame jitters or stutters that only seem to be happening while looking forward.  Whenever I look to either side, up or down I do not have this problem.  When the clipboard is brought up it will jitter or stutter as well.  Very frustrating.  I do not appear to get this problem with other vr games that I tried to see if the same thing is happening there.

I have the clipboard located at about my 9:30 position, and I find that it stutters, as you say.  Irritating, but not a real problem.   Things look fine straight ahead.

- oldman

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2020, 02:04:33 AM »
I havent had this problem? Only issue I am having with Oculus RiftS, is mic keeps Self Muting. Could be a TeamSpeak/Voice Attack at same time issue? Back to topic: Do you notice this in majority of the birds you fly? Reason I ask, I get "stuttering and lag like stuff" when I am flying a Corsair. Not sure why other than having all that detail/the rivets around the Front Glass? It kills my FPS almost as bad as Large Air Field. No Idea on how to fix that....just pointing out "possible" issues :salute
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain