Author Topic: coronavirus support?  (Read 1770 times)

Offline faminz

• Copper Member
coronavirus support?
« on: March 25, 2020, 10:56:50 PM »
is there any intention to decrease or possibly waive the monthly fee for the general arena for a couple of months to support those people in lockdown around the world looking for something to play?
seems like it could help people pass the time, occupy their minds and save bit of money if they are out of work and would potentially get a whole lot of new players too.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
Re: coronavirus support?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 02:12:41 AM »
Due to the corona restrictions affecting my job the fuel consumption of my car has dramatically reduced. That saves me about € 70 a month. I can use that for paying the $14.90 to feed Dale so he can maintain this game. He doesn't have an IT crew for those jobs.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 02:37:02 AM »
Ah but Bizman, you do get what he is saying right? For a lot of ppl it will cost them there job or have a decreased income. Not everyone is blessed with the potential opportunities this crisis brings.

Whiles ppl sit at home being bored it wouldn't harm to guide them to a new hobby. I don't think Dale is shy for money and it could be a potential investment.  :)
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 03:02:12 AM »
Ah but Bizman, you do get what he is saying right? For a lot of ppl it will cost them there job or have a decreased income. Not everyone is blessed with the potential opportunities this crisis brings.

Whiles ppl sit at home being bored it wouldn't harm to guide them to a new hobby. I don't think Dale is shy for money and it could be a potential investment.  :)
Well... I'm self employed and my customers are for the most part retired people who have been quarantined or self-isolated by the government rule. My turnover has dropped by 90% during the last couple of weeks. Yet I have to pay the monthly fee for my statutory retirement insurance, other insurances, traffic tax, phone, Internet, VAT from the previous month, all of which usually take two thirds in average of my monthly turnover. The government has recently told that self employed people will be allowed for unemployment benefit even without closing down. For what I've heard of the sum, half of it would cover the retirement insurance, leaving a couple of hundreds a month for living.

How big are the checks in the US?
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 07:09:19 AM »
is there any intention to decrease or possibly waive the monthly fee for the general arena for a couple of months to support those people in lockdown around the world looking for something to play?
seems like it could help people pass the time, occupy their minds and save bit of money if they are out of work and would potentially get a whole lot of new players too.

Businesses are affected too. Are you going to pay for gas even though you are not using it?

Two way street here. Look at both sides.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 07:36:15 AM »
Businesses are affected too. Are you going to pay for gas even though you are not using it?

Two way street here. Look at both sides.
Yep...I have only seen the massive businesses doing things to help out (eg. Cisco offering their Webex conferencing for free for a few months, Microsoft offering Teams for free for a while) since they can afford to take the hit while still making them look like saviors to the world.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2020, 07:43:41 AM »
Interesting that AT&T is waiving data overage charges, while Verizon (unfortunately) is not.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2020, 08:17:21 AM »
Certainly wouldn't be a bad time for a steam promotion or something like that.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2020, 08:32:08 AM »
How big are the checks in the US?

In Michigan, the max unemployment benefit is $362 per week.  The Feds are in the process of passing legislation to add up to $600 to that.  (The details are not final.)

So, some might be hurting but after eliminating the wife's beer allowance there should be enough for AH.   :D
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2020, 11:23:14 AM »
In Michigan, the max unemployment benefit is $362 per week.  The Feds are in the process of passing legislation to add up to $600 to that.  (The details are not final.)

So, some might be hurting but after eliminating the wife's beer allowance there should be enough for AH.   :D

If you are still employed but just at home during the emergency.... you are not unemployed though.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2020, 11:34:09 AM »
If you are still employed but just at home during the emergency.... you are not unemployed though.

If your hours have been cut you can still collect. I went from salary to hourly and told I’m getting 30 hours last week.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2020, 12:08:39 PM »

In Michigan you can collect unemployment during a temporary layoff after some (?) waiting period.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2020, 01:08:06 PM »
Make it free for the month of April for new/returning subscribers :x
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2020, 01:34:31 PM »
Make it free for the month of April for new/returning subscribers :x

I have been disabled/retired for the past 13 yrs... I really don't have a dog in this hunt/troll
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2020, 01:53:35 PM »

That extra $600.00 is only for the first 4 weeks.... Although they are extending it from 24 weeks to 39 weeks

A family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids) get up to $3,000 to $3,400 paid twice, emergency check payout
$1,200 per adult paid twice, emergency payout
$500 per kid under 18 yrs old paid twice, emergency payout

Emergency payouts are not part of the unemployment pay....and will be paid about 1 month apart 1st check around first week or two of April with 2nd check following about a month later....

Small business owners / self employed will be entitled to GOV. Loans, which they are saying will not need to be repaid if the money is only used for covering paying overhead and salary....guess those in that situation need to keep correctly documented receipts, etc....

Hope this helps shed a little light on the situation

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC