Author Topic: Weather  (Read 2148 times)

Offline svaalbar

• Nickel Member
Weather
« on: March 26, 2020, 08:08:39 PM »
It would be really cool if Aces High had weather in it. Maybe it did, probably before I started playing in late 2018.

Like snow, thunderstorms, overcast, etc.
"All fighter pilots were a little crazy, but mostly the nicest guys you'd ever meet." The Biography of a Rabbit, by Roy Benson Jr - https://gutenberg.org/files/7190/7190-h/7190-h.htm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaKxx5UhMZ0REI8E2FGfGag

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Weather
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 08:16:54 PM »
open the window.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Online Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 11:58:53 PM »
It would be really cool if Aces High had weather in it. Maybe it did, probably before I started playing in late 2018.

Like snow, thunderstorms, overcast, etc.

Interesting concept.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 03:11:51 AM »
Interesting concept.
:aok IN DEED,Sir! Since the VR users are a bit rare...and HT has enabled use of "Hat Switch Views" to work with VR! HANDS DOWN, the best! Unless in a Custom Mission in IL-2 or DCS(as I see it), I have NEVER gone through a weather event! ++ INMHO/first hand experiences for IL-2 and DCS It would add another level to our experiences/fun
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2020, 08:27:58 PM »
Scenarios have some weather in them.

Offline BTPage

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 12:58:54 PM »
Thanks for the shout ok mr brooke! That was an intense scenario, but a bunch of fun! Weather would be a cool addition to this game. Clouds do make it almost feel real <S>

Tactus

Offline dieter

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2020, 10:59:39 PM »
Man if you could have varying low alt winds and fog, etc., it would make bombers have to up with secondary targets in mind.  And would make flying in terrain especially fun.  Yeah, not everywhere, but randomly on maps. 

ULDieter

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2020, 12:09:35 AM »
Too bad weather (clouds) seem to he the single biggest frame rate killer!

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2020, 12:55:36 AM »
If I recall correctly Fighter Ace had weather.  I distinctly remember flying through rain.  Snow covered maps as well.

Or I may just be getting old and not remembering properly.

I am now playing WOWS since the fights in here became so poor and they have lightning storms.  Lol I sometimes forget to look for the enemy because I am enjoying the weather show!

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2020, 02:09:18 AM »
If I recall correctly Fighter Ace had weather.  I distinctly remember flying through rain.  Snow covered maps as well.

Or I may just be getting old and not remembering properly.

I am now playing WOWS since the fights in here became so poor and they have lightning storms.  Lol I sometimes forget to look for the enemy because I am enjoying the weather show!
You SIR...need to come back! Feels like a "Star Wars" plot? Fess: I am your Father Me:NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, guess I need to go back to my training? We were just getting started with the PONY Lessons :furious For what it is worth...your "evaluation" of my Flying was HUGE MORALE BOOST :rock                                                                                                   

Love you fellers, BW1stpar/ULcapkid  PS: A Whole lot of players have come back! Thanks Corona! Some 49'ers,Jokers...and way more! Almost hit 200 in MA, on a Tuesday. I hope this trend keeps going up😁                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2020, 02:52:41 AM »
You SIR...need to come back! Feels like a "Star Wars" plot? Fess: I am your Father Me:NOOOOOOOOOOOOO, guess I need to go back to my training? We were just getting started with the PONY Lessons :furious For what it is worth...your "evaluation" of my Flying was HUGE MORALE BOOST :rock                                                                                                   

Love you fellers, BW1stpar/ULcapkid  PS: A Whole lot of players have come back! Thanks Corona! Some 49'ers,Jokers...and way more! Almost hit 200 in MA, on a Tuesday. I hope this trend keeps going up😁                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Nah mate very unlikely.  I had some very unwelcome personal attacks that HTC kept allowing and that was the straw that broke the camels back.  I made complaints but the attacks came coming.  I left.

Also, I went through the AH evolution curve.  I was seal clubbed, learned to survive, did the BnZ, transitioned to TnB, got burned out when the numbers dropped and the norm was hit and run.  I know I went through the hit and run in my evolution, I like to think I was one of the more aggressive BnZ guys but truth is I was probably a pain in the bellybutton to the TnB guys.  I can only think that the tipping point was numbers.  I could accept being picked because I had fights in between.  Then it became less and less about the fights and more and more about the points, or if not points then not getting killed.  For a guy like me that tipping point was too much and added to my frustration.

There used to be a DA but the introduction of the - you know what I actually do not know what it is called now - killed off the DA crowd.  I had nowhere to go and no one to go with.  It seems the art of the fight is very much second to the points or the win and I do not think that is the way to go but c'est la vie.  I have seen people brag about how good they are because they killed player x but when player x says '1 on 1?' they not only decline but they actually abuse player x, often supported by others in the game.

Let me get this right. Player A brags, player B says '1 on 1 we can prove it'  Not only does player A refuse, he doubles down on how good he is and others back him up!!  "yeah man, fugg him you play your game he sux...."  wow in a combat game?

It is not unique to this game.  People have become conditioned to not lose.  They translate that into their gameplay.  I am having issues with WOWS for exactly the same reason.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 02:54:54 AM by FESS67 »

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2020, 02:56:11 AM »
dup

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2020, 10:12:50 AM »
I recall flying through rain in Air Warrior.  And FWIW, I hope you return too Fess, despite the fact that you usually cleaned my clock.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2020, 01:36:58 PM »
Nah mate very unlikely.  I had some very unwelcome personal attacks that HTC kept allowing and that was the straw that broke the camels back.  I made complaints but the attacks came coming.  I left.

Also, I went through the AH evolution curve.  I was seal clubbed, learned to survive, did the BnZ, transitioned to TnB, got burned out when the numbers dropped and the norm was hit and run.  I know I went through the hit and run in my evolution, I like to think I was one of the more aggressive BnZ guys but truth is I was probably a pain in the bellybutton to the TnB guys.  I can only think that the tipping point was numbers.  I could accept being picked because I had fights in between.  Then it became less and less about the fights and more and more about the points, or if not points then not getting killed.  For a guy like me that tipping point was too much and added to my frustration.

There used to be a DA but the introduction of the - you know what I actually do not know what it is called now - killed off the DA crowd.  I had nowhere to go and no one to go with.  It seems the art of the fight is very much second to the points or the win and I do not think that is the way to go but c'est la vie.  I have seen people brag about how good they are because they killed player x but when player x says '1 on 1?' they not only decline but they actually abuse player x, often supported by others in the game.

Let me get this right. Player A brags, player B says '1 on 1 we can prove it'  Not only does player A refuse, he doubles down on how good he is and others back him up!!  "yeah man, fugg him you play your game he sux...."  wow in a combat game?

It is not unique to this game.  People have become conditioned to not lose.  They translate that into their gameplay.  I am having issues with WOWS for exactly the same reason.
:salute Yes, I understand! I enjoyed the brief times that we got to fly together/against each other. Some are "Happy thoughts..and some are???well ... :furious:rofl  The one time I took you up on the "Match Play", was EYE OPENING. I still have and review those films. Well, if things change and you get the itch...I will be here! You were one of those "GREEN= :banana:, RED= :bhead" fellers, and are missed  :salute
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 01:38:39 PM by 1stpar3 »

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2020, 01:44:14 PM »

FESS quite a few former players have returned to the fold since CORVID...folks who will give a good fight vs. hit & run. You might consider another go of it.