Author Topic: Any plans to use NUTTZ’s stunning terrains online ?  (Read 347 times)

Offline Laika

• Zinc Member
Any plans to use NUTTZ’s stunning terrains online ?
« on: February 17, 2001, 04:38:00 AM »
I just wondering if HTC have NUTTZ on the payroll ? If not, why not  

Are there any technical reasons why we don’t have a MA terrain as nice as some of NUTTZ’s stunning work seen in this forum?  

Before AH even started up I was wishing for a sim that would provide the feeling I got from a few WW2 paintings, Russian ver German over snow covered mountainous terrain broken up by pine trees and lots of low cloud (you know the stuff). I see so much potential here but no action from HTC    … I know they are working there bellybutton off on many things but when AH went from beta to pay I thought, sorry you ain’t getting $30US out of me until I see a HA (or a commitment to events “I” can fly in) and some realistic or at least eye pleasing terrains… Although I have a online account now I find I’m still waiting. Before someone toasts my bellybutton telling me to make my own, my response is what’s the point of me starting out if NUTTZ’s work ain’t being used.  

[This message has been edited by Laika (edited 02-17-2001).]

Offline NUTTZ

• Silver Member
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2001, 01:57:00 PM »
I'm glad you like my textures, I have Busted my bellybutton working on them.  

Theres been some miscommunication between me, HTC and the CM team. Unfortunately I was not selected for the CM team, there was miscontruded information on this. My email address was not sending me my mail and was corrected 2 days ago ( compounding the misinformation ) MY DSL is down for 2 more weeks ( compounding things even more) Also there was a new release of the Terrain Editor, so us map makers need to revamp ALL our maps to fix some tiling problems and placement of ports.
I am still alittle taken back from the time frame of responses and what i would call "lack of responses" to my textures. But, I am over that now, I still am working with the TE and last night fixed the tiles in "PAC1" ( my winter terrain )

The CM team just recruited some new blood who are very capable of producing quality maps. I'm sure when the time is right, you will see some awsome maps produced by this hand picked team.

Where i stand... Me and HTC have open communications, we are talking, and i'm sure somewhere, somehow, sometime,, you'll see some input from me.

Once your in a furball, you don't notice the terrain so much

NUTTZ

Originally posted by Laika:
I just wondering if HTC have NUTTZ on the payroll ? If not, why not    

Are there any technical reasons why we don’t have a MA terrain as nice as some of NUTTZ’s stunning work seen in this forum?  

Before AH even started up I was wishing for a sim that would provide the feeling I got from a few WW2 paintings, Russian ver German over snow covered mountainous terrain broken up by pine trees and lots of low cloud (you know the stuff). I see so much potential here but no action from HTC      … I know they are working there bellybutton off on many things but when AH went from beta to pay I thought, sorry you ain’t getting $30US out of me until I see a HA (or a commitment to events “I” can fly in) and some realistic or at least eye pleasing terrains… Although I have a online account now I find I’m still waiting. Before someone toasts my bellybutton telling me to make my own, my response is what’s the point of me starting out if NUTTZ’s work ain’t being used.  

[This message has been edited by Laika (edited 02-17-2001).]

Offline Westy

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2001, 03:08:00 PM »
"Once your in a furball, you don't notice the terrain so much"

Sounds like a quote from one of the Greek warriors at Thermopylae  

-Westy

Offline Laika

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2001, 01:42:00 AM »
"Once your in a furball, you don't notice the terrain so much"

But if things go bad, we end up heading for the terrain .... running or in a ball of flames ...hehehe  

Do you have your terrains anywhere for D/L ?