Author Topic: Games like AH  (Read 2450 times)

Offline sundowner25

• Zinc Member
Games like AH
« on: March 28, 2020, 10:37:34 AM »
I use to play air warrior a bit back in the day, and I had played this briefly a few years back. I was wondering if any other games like this still exist. I notice about 100 to 120 people usually on. Does anyone play anything else to?

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Re: Games like AH
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 10:39:26 AM »
There are a few options  but you won't find a better flight model.

Offline nooby52

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 10:50:06 AM »
I cant imagine liking/enjoying any flight simulator more than this one.

Flying as "South52" for VF-17 Jolly Rogers
17 Squadron - The Hardest Day Battle of Britain
204 Kokutai - Target Rabaul
610 Squadron -TFT Battle of Britain

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 11:19:46 AM »

Offline sundowner25

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2020, 11:25:19 AM »
Also does anyone know where there is a guide to tell what is needed to capture bases? Like what has to be destroyed, and a layout of what each thing looks likes. Also is there a guide somewhere that tells what is needed to destroy each building/object? How many bombs/rockets etc... I've been looking but havnt found it yet.

Offline AKKuya

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2020, 11:33:44 AM »
Also does anyone know where there is a guide to tell what is needed to capture bases? Like what has to be destroyed, and a layout of what each thing looks likes. Also is there a guide somewhere that tells what is needed to destroy each building/object? How many bombs/rockets etc... I've been looking but havnt found it yet.

Airfields - 75% of town buildings and all town ack
Vehicle Bases and Ports - all auto ack

Additional - Vehicle hangar and Fighter plus Bomber hangar to prevent defenders
               - Fighter CAP plus possible GVs

Organization and teamwork.
Chuck Norris can pick oranges from an apple tree and make the best lemonade in the world. Every morning when you wake up, swallow a live toad. Nothing worse can happen to you for the rest of the day. They say money can't buy happiness. I would like the opportunity to find out. Why be serious?

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2020, 11:51:12 AM »

To capture an airfield, you need to "white flag" the town and destroy the town guns. White-flagging a town requires you to knock out town buildings.  The total number of buildings required to white flag the town is coded into the game, and right now it's set at 86 of the 114 buildings.  Maps of the towns are in the Clipboard Maps.  Just right click on the map field of the clipboard, and select Clipboard Maps all the way down at the bottom of the list.

To capture a port, a vehicle base, or one of the airfield bases with no town, all you need to do is destroy all of the auto guns.  These are also all shown in the Clipboard Maps.

For the ordnance required to kill any object, go to Options->Arena Setup->Objects->Object Settings on the clipboard menu.  There you will find a table of objects and their hardness settings.  Hardness is given as a decimal number, such as 0.31 for a town building, which corresponds to 310 pounds of ordnance.  As a rough gauge, a formation of 3 B-24's flying at 750 feet AGL and carrying 4 x 2000 lb GP bombs (24,000 lbs total) can white flag a town in one pass in F-4 mode (not using the bomb site), if dropped properly.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 12:15:22 PM by 8thJinx »

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline svaalbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2020, 01:15:21 PM »
Easiest way to wf a town is to drop 14 1000lbs x 3  using a Lancaster bombs for a beginner
"All fighter pilots were a little crazy, but mostly the nicest guys you'd ever meet." The Biography of a Rabbit, by Roy Benson Jr - https://gutenberg.org/files/7190/7190-h/7190-h.htm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaKxx5UhMZ0REI8E2FGfGag

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2020, 01:56:27 PM »
You can use tu2s to wf a town in 2 passes (maybe 1 but havent experimented) and then go to fighter mode/deck with it.

Offline DLXIRON

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2020, 01:58:05 PM »

So the question really is where are the rules/objectives/explanation so that you could possibly understand the game.  Well it doesn’t exist!  There is a little bit here and little bit there and a great portion of what you will find is outdated.  You will find some videos on YouTube explaining basics and such.  Mostly this game is learn as you play, kinda like real life :)

Dougie

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2020, 04:06:26 PM »
Nothing else like AH out there. Some with better graphics but not the open world pick your mission play as you want sandbox. I tried war thunder, don’t like match play or grinding. Have IL2 but just can’t get into it and DCS as I don’t want to earn a pilots license on the way to learning the game. I like being able to jump in and go.

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2020, 04:12:37 PM »
DCS FTW :noid :noid :aok :aok

"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Pluto

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2020, 04:23:08 PM »

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2020, 05:08:36 PM »

General instructions from the Aces High web site here:
https://www.hitechcreations.com/support/support-help

A guide for new users that I wrote here:
http://www.kentwoodstation.com/NewPilots/NewPilotsStart.html

Hope this helps.   :salute
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2020, 06:03:39 PM »
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."