Author Topic: Force Feedback continues after bailout/crash, even into tower  (Read 654 times)

Offline SpinDoc1

• Nickel Member
Hello all,

I'm just getting back into AH from a long time ago (12 yrs?) and so I am rusty on some of the specific controls issues. My MS Force Feedback 2 is working great on most all aspects of flight...except when I get shot down or have significant aircraft damage and bailout. The stick shakes violently left/right and doesn't stop. Doesn't stop while in chute, or on ground, or even in tower. It requires starting a new sortie to clear/reset whatever force feedback buffer is causing it to continue. Obviously if I want to do anything other than re-launch, it's a royal pain.

Advice from other force feedback users or is this a known problem? Thanks.
AKSpnDoc
Spin Doc's Aces High VR Video channel! https://youtu.be/BKk7_OOHkgI

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Force Feedback continues after bailout/crash, even into tower
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 05:12:57 PM »
I haven't used FFB in a while but it always stopped when the flight ended using the Logitech stick.

Try setting damage to 0 in the AH FFB setup.

You also have to be careful that the stall buffet and high speed buffet don't trip the " do not move your stick so quickly" lock out.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 02:09:53 AM »
I recently replaced mine...DAMN House Fire :mad: I dont have the drivers for it though. Cant seem to find them either. The Aileron and Elevator feed back works...but I get ZERO stall feedback or vibrations...like I remember it having in Combat Flight Simulator 1,2,and 3...even Jane's F-15....Thats been a  LOOONG time ago. Eh, at least it function as a GREAT Nostalgic focus point :aok
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline SpinDoc1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 10:54:05 AM »
Wow, house fire? Bummer!

I had strange feedback (wow, puns are rollin') last night again too. When I logged in to fly a FW190-F8 and then later a Spit IX, I got no feedback at all initially, was a floppy stick. I logged out and re-loaded AH III (I play via Steam launcher) and it seemed to correct the issue.

Any other suggestions? Should I have any MS Force Feedback 2 software driver installed? I just plugged it in and went with it...
AKSpnDoc

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 03:10:03 PM »
Feedback not working on first launch has happened to me occasionally. As you noted relaunching fixes it.

If you still have issues try the driver. AFAIK AH uses a standard DX API for FFB.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2020, 02:52:55 AM »
Is there a driver for Windows 10? I havent found one?
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2020, 10:02:23 AM »
The stall horn FFB vibration was removed from AH some years ago after a single player requested it. If you search the forum you can find me complaining about it.

Stall buffet should work but it can trip the stick lockout if it's set too high.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2020, 01:03:41 PM »
Brings memories of my CH Force F/X way back when I started, one of my first good sticks.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline SpinDoc1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2020, 10:11:01 AM »
Two more symptoms:
1) I keep getting "EVENT /default/Effects/buffet is not stopping after timeout" (screenshot attached too)
2) I have good left/right toll tension from the Force Feedback, but the elevator feedback is very low

Problem 2 can sometimes be solved when I unplug the USB and reconnect to the PC, almost like 'kicking' it to reset. I'm wondering if this is a problem with the stick, and it's time for a new one.

If new one: I'm considering the Thrustmaster FCS T16000.M, does anyone recommend the basic stick, or the full "flight pack" with HOTAS and pedals? Other suggestions?
AKSpnDoc

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2020, 10:52:17 AM »
The T16000.M is a good stick. Smooth and accurate. It is a smaller stick so if you have a big hand it will feel odd, and it also has a low number of buttons. Its a twisty stick so you dont "need" the pedals but we all know pedals are better. Its is NOT force feedback. I dont think any are made with that any more.

Offline SpinDoc1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2020, 12:16:03 PM »
The T16000.M is a good stick. Smooth and accurate. It is a smaller stick so if you have a big hand it will feel odd, and it also has a low number of buttons. Its a twisty stick so you dont "need" the pedals but we all know pedals are better. Its is NOT force feedback. I dont think any are made with that any more.

Thanks Fugi, the only hesitation I have is that some folks are reporting premature failure with that stick. But I don't really see any other options that I like on the market. But I loved the idea of it ever since it debuted, so that would be my preferred replacement.
AKSpnDoc

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2020, 01:29:04 PM »
For a "cheap" stick its probably the best one out there. If you want to spend some money then there are a bunch of better choices. My brother in law used his first one for years, and he finally started having button issues with it. For the last year or two he has been using my T16000 that I had until I got my warthog.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2020, 02:49:55 PM »
FWIW the Finnish community has several T16000.M's and they've lasted for years. I must admit we're not amongst the most active players but still. The oldest sticks I know of date from their first release.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline SpinDoc1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2020, 05:51:48 PM »
Thanks all. I'm still trying to resolve the issues with this one, but we'll see. Otherwise the 16000 seems like a fine choice.
AKSpnDoc