Author Topic: um  (Read 2132 times)

Offline 800nate800

• Nickel Member
um
« on: April 05, 2020, 02:00:32 AM »
Get rid of the kill feed in chat.
Put all the maps we used to have back into rotation
get rid of the new radar system and go back to the old way.
i have alot of other stuff that needs to be said as well... but these 3 are my mains things,
former squeaker, but you wont 1v1 about it
Most my friends are banned......
Kommando Nowotny

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Re: um
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2020, 12:05:28 PM »
I am with you on the Kill feed. Some maps are garbage and do not deserve to be in the MA. Radar induces fights, which is a plus.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2020, 02:07:40 PM »
Forget the old maps. Would be much better to have new maps that are suited for today's #s, along with people's attention spans today. I still feel as though far bases really impede the fights and allow hoarding to be easier once the cap is in place. If back fields are too far, the hoard will go on as people dont want to roll 10 minutes to fight a hoard from a back field.

I believe a few maps are too big and need to be removed once newer maps are made. I'd love to see about 20 maps in rotation even if they get rolled quickly.

If Hitech wants kills to show up, it should be in a smaller text box on the right side of the screen that can turned off. One thing I dislike about it is, it gives you away as soon as you shoot a guy down. Now all the enemies around you know it's you.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline 800nate800

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2020, 04:48:23 PM »
its also annoying here someone say WTG every darn kill
Kommando Nowotny

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2020, 03:22:00 PM »
+1

Yes I am aware it can be disabled.   +1 though to have it filtered back to the way it was.

I am really enjoying seeing how often one particular players dies though.
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2020, 11:57:50 PM »
Forget the old maps. Would be much better to have new maps that are suited for today's #s, along with people's attention spans today. I still feel as though far bases really impede the fights and allow hoarding to be easier once the cap is in place. If back fields are too far, the hoard will go on as people dont want to roll 10 minutes to fight a hoard from a back field.

I believe a few maps are too big and need to be removed once newer maps are made. I'd love to see about 20 maps in rotation even if they get rolled quickly.

If Hitech wants kills to show up, it should be in a smaller text box on the right side of the screen that can turned off. One thing I dislike about it is, it gives you away as soon as you shoot a guy down. Now all the enemies around you know it's you.

this is what a hijacked thread or wish looks like
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2020, 01:31:29 AM »
its also annoying here someone say WTG every darn kill

wtg on your post nate.   

:aok
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2020, 05:03:59 AM »
+1

Yes I am aware it can be disabled.   +1 though to have it filtered back to the way it was.

I am really enjoying seeing how often one particular players dies though.

This is the way it was.

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2020, 07:01:06 AM »
This is the way it was.

More clearly...

+1 on not the way it was in 1998 and of very recent where there is an endless noise-stream of kills.

Options
However, if the stream of kill #3, #4, #5...of rearm abuse dudes could be filtered out and everything else kept on, 200 pilot posts and standard system messages could more easily be seen.

Another way is to make the stream of #n killed noise really light gray so other messages are easier to distinguish and read.
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2020, 09:56:55 AM »
The biggest problem with the kill spam is it over flows the box and everything streams too fast.  Several other threads requesting it be done away with or made an option.  I would prefer to see another option to see only the system messages that only go to the individual player such as gun down, hanger down or ??? shot you down etc.  The kill spam is more than just annoying it really negatively affects game play for those interested in communication with team mates.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2020, 10:17:35 AM »
The biggest problem with the kill spam is it over flows the box and everything streams too fast.  Several other threads requesting it be done away with or made an option.  I would prefer to see another option to see only the system messages that only go to the individual player such as gun down, hanger down or ??? shot you down etc.  The kill spam is more than just annoying it really negatively affects game play for those interested in communication with team mates.

It does not affect team communications. If you choose to leave it in the middle of your other coms then that is by choice.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2020, 10:42:12 AM »
Yes it does if you want the other information as stated.  Really don't think you are reading the posts.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2020, 11:23:28 AM »
Yes it does if you want the other information as stated.  Really don't think you are reading the posts.

Reread my post....
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2020, 12:39:23 PM »
I did and you repeatedly ignore the fact you cannot separate the desired information from the kill spam.

Offline 800nate800

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2020, 01:25:40 PM »
Lets just get rid of it since NOBODY really asked for something we didn't really WANT or N E E D
Kommando Nowotny