Author Topic: Foul language  (Read 4209 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: Foul language
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2020, 09:47:31 PM »
Not sure about that oldman.....

depends on how po'ed someone gets me and the "Sailor language" pops up out of nowhere, ROFL

But in game, most times I have the sense to not press a vox key, especially not local range
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 09:49:52 PM by TequilaChaser »
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2020, 10:29:53 PM »
I would really like to play this game as if my grandchildren we're setting here with me. I taught my grandson how to count to four by the cyclic rate of the T 34 tank 1, 2, 3, 4 fire. Today when I asked someone to please watch their language they told me they would say what the f*** they want. Other players chimed in and said they will say what the f*** they want. It was suggested I quit the game and go play church bingo.
I don't consider myself a prude I served 3 years in the army and lived in the barracks. I never had an office job I worked in construction. My last job was at a state prison. I try to conduct myself as if your wife , mother or children was hearing my conversation.
I can't tell you how disgusted I am with these people!
A lot of folks did not have good parents. You can spot the ones a mile away.

Just use the chat/voice  report and move on.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2020, 11:33:02 PM »
A lot of folks did not have good parents. You can spot the ones a mile away.

Just use the chat/voice  report and move on.

These are the kinds of comments I do not understand. Why can't you just say "report and move on." Why poke at people's parents? Profanity and morals are looser outside of the Bible Belt, this a sociological and geographical fact in the United States. It has nothing to do with parents because the same facts are true for them in most cases.

I agree, squelch and fly.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2020, 12:32:18 AM »
These are the kinds of comments I do not understand. Why can't you just say "report and move on." Why poke at people's parents? Profanity and morals are looser outside of the Bible Belt, this a sociological and geographical fact in the United States. It has nothing to do with parents because the same facts are true for them in most cases.

I agree, squelch and fly.
They are the ones who make their parents look bad.

I tell kids they are a window into their family. They really are. You can tell a lot about a family and the parents by how the kids act.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline svaalbar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2020, 06:11:12 PM »
They are the ones who make their parents look bad.

I tell kids they are a window into their family. They really are. You can tell a lot about a family and the parents by how the kids act.

This is what my dad said to me too. Good wisdom (advice?).
"All fighter pilots were a little crazy, but mostly the nicest guys you'd ever meet." The Biography of a Rabbit, by Roy Benson Jr - https://gutenberg.org/files/7190/7190-h/7190-h.htm

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaKxx5UhMZ0REI8E2FGfGag

Offline lunaticfringe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2020, 11:22:00 PM »
what a bunch of virgin eared people we have playing in here
To Be Prepared for War Is The Most Effectual Means Of Preserving Peace (George Washington)

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2020, 01:55:53 AM »

That's the point.  There are people who play with family in the room or near enough to hear what is going on.  There are some like me who will throw out the odd swear word now and then and there are some for whom it is a form of speech impediment.  We invite these people into our homes, is it too much to ask that they respect that?

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2020, 02:59:14 AM »
An occaisional colorful word is one thing, but those who can't refrain from the f word every other word have no self control, and obviously lack the education and intellect to find alternative words. I'm sure they speak to their mothers the same way. Those folks are bad enough, but then to go in game and WHINE about it is beyond stupid and crass. Get a life, get a vocabulary, or get out.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2020, 03:04:34 AM »
An occaisional colorful word is one thing, but those who can't refrain from the f word every other word have no self control, and obviously lack the education and intellect to find alternative words. I'm sure they speak to their mothers the same way. Those folks are bad enough, but then to go in game and WHINE about it is beyond stupid and crass. Get a life, get a vocabulary, or get out.

:aok :cheers:

Offline avionix

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2020, 05:40:41 AM »

My ten year old wants to play AH. However, with some of the language and comments people make, I wouldn't let him near some of you guys with ear plugs and the sound turned off.

However, if the squadies are on, they will tone things down. It's the others that I have to be concerned with.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 05:43:12 AM by avionix »
treekilr in game.   
"Please. This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who..."

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2020, 08:18:43 AM »
My ten year old wants to play AH. However, with some of the language and comments people make, I wouldn't let him near some of you guys with ear plugs and the sound turned off.

However, if the squadies are on, they will tone things down. It's the others that I have to be concerned with.

Your 10 year old probably hears/heard much worse from his/her friends in school.

Chuikov

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2020, 08:27:48 AM »

Your 10 year old probably hears/heard much worse from his/her friends in school.
And this is a reason to allow adults who never learned how to behave to continue to spoil the game for those who would rather not hear it? The rules are there, and it's the choice of those who can't control themselves to leave, not the other way around.
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline avionix

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2020, 08:33:24 AM »

So because he may hear things at school like this, it is ok for the adults to act like the other 9+10 year olds at school?
treekilr in game.   
"Please. This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue over who killed who..."

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2020, 09:42:40 AM »
There is a lot of ugliness in the world.  I choose to not invite that ugliness into my home when I can avoid it.  I should be able to invite Aces High into my home without inviting that ugliness.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2020, 10:32:57 AM »
There is a lot of ugliness in the world.  I choose to not invite that ugliness into my home when I can avoid it.  I should be able to invite Aces High into my home without inviting that ugliness.

:aok :salute