Author Topic: Home on the Strange: My first Terrain  (Read 475 times)

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
Home on the Strange: My first Terrain
« on: December 13, 2000, 12:03:00 AM »
Here is my first terrain for you guys to mess with. You can get to it by downloading it at
http://www.devildogs.com/vmf111/DD_Stran.res

If that doesn't work let me know...I'll get it somewhere where it will be easier to download.

Notes on the terrain itself.
It was designed just to have fun with in H2H or offline. It is high frame rate intensive (There are a lot of objects and clouds). I highly recommend you turn ground clutter off (CTRL-C).

The Land Mass's.

The 'Center of the Univers' (Spelled that way intentionally) was designed to emulate the airfield at the devildogs website  http://www.devildogs.com/DDsite/dh/mapbrd/index.htm

'Splat Man Isle' was originally intended to be a Jolly Roger, but it ended up looking like a giant whose chute didn't open soon enough, hence the name.

'The Humping Grounds' are self explanatory from the map shape. That's a place to go to practice shooting ground targets without any AA around.

The 'Boneyard' has an AH musuem on it (Well, the planes and vehicles I found in the terrain editor to put there. I didn't grab the ones from Verms Airfields, but I will do that at a future date). It is also the home of `Raider's Rodeo', but the Sheep aren't cheap!

'The Great Drain' is where all the water in the world drains out. Be warned...if you try to fly below ground level (Although it looks like you can) BAD THINGS HAPPEN!!!..hehe.

'Evil Island' is for all the former X-Wing/Tie Fighter Pilots. Whatever you do, don't take a Y-Wing Fighter (Fw-190A8) armed with Photon Torpedo's (Rockets) or an X-Wing Fighter (F4U-1C) and it's Plasma Cannons (Plasma Cannons    ) and fly through the trench that starts on the East End while staying below the highest elevation and avoiding the `Evil Snowmen Plasma Turrets (20mm AA)' until you come to the final trench with the main CPU (Looks like a HQ building) and blow it up. Just don't do that!
((But if you insist....make sure you make that airfield..it is airfield number 2..an enemy airfield).

'Babylon's Race Track' is designed for all you GV Downhill racers. There is a tower at the 'Starting Line' and one at the 'Finish Line' for whoever ref.s

Finally, I think the actual waterfall turned out pretty cool (Hmmm, the Battle of Niagra..Canada vs the US?    )
(P.S.-The Waterfall isn't at the great drain)

All in all, this was meant just for you to have fun with, so...have fun!

SD

P.S.-Thanks Sqrl for the Ocean map....it looks great!

[This message has been edited by Sundog (edited 12-13-2000).]

Offline airspro

• Silver Member
      • My Blastoff start page :P
Home on the Strange: My first Terrain
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2000, 06:31:00 PM »
THANKS !   , man your too cool . Great thing I seen the doggie paw print when I looked down after takeing off . I got to get some of our none AH guys to try this out , they are missing out to be sure .

Thanks again for sharing .

spro
My current Ace's High handle is spro