Author Topic: To all you forum flyers  (Read 4886 times)

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
Re: To all you forum flyers
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2020, 07:11:32 AM »
here is a idea, a AI General.  pop ups giving suggested course of action!  "Incoming sector 3,4,3 15,000 feet.!"  "Strike force assembeling at a4 enroute to a9 for enemy suppression."
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 07:13:07 AM by NatCigg »

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2020, 08:33:48 AM »
1. Free Time
2. Player created missions

i want to play now. but i have to werk.  If i did log in, it would probably end the same.  "oh that would be fun! we could do this! anyone? anyone?.....is anyone even out there?..."

Bish... Vox 192...we are waiting for you :noid
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: April 21, 2020, 03:16:35 AM »
When was you last AcesHigh sortie?

Not sure,  I guess someone could check my stats but they would be false because I changed my name every month to avoid being abused by a player and to be honest with you I cannot remember the last name I used.  I did not fly over the xmas break which is amazing since I have 2 weeks off at that time.  I am guessing October for my birthday so yeah, 6 months at least.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: April 21, 2020, 05:33:52 AM »
Not sure,  I guess someone could check my stats but they would be false because I changed my name every month to avoid being abused by a player and to be honest with you I cannot remember the last name I used.  I did not fly over the xmas break which is amazing since I have 2 weeks off at that time.  I am guessing October for my birthday so yeah, 6 months at least.

A player.. ha.. weaksauce, I pissed off entire squads. Get yourself ingame, I'll be your wingman any time.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: April 21, 2020, 10:24:17 AM »
A player.. ha.. weaksauce, I pissed off entire squads. Get yourself ingame, I'll be your wingman any time.

A whole squad? Is that possible anymore? 😃🤣
A yappy back seater like Jester wasn’t popular or fun to fly with, more of an unnecessary distraction than anything else---Puma44

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2020, 09:28:52 PM »

Absolutely true.  And perhaps the most important aspect of this game, far more than whether DAR bar is on or off, side switch times are too long/short, or all the other criticisms.  With very rare exception, we're all friends - even though generally we've never met, and probably never will.

- oldman
You don't have any friends.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2020, 10:11:38 PM »
You don't have any friends.

Good lord, look who's back.  Dude! 

Stop making fun of people, and hook up your joystick and throttle.

- oldman (with this trend, 1Duke1 must be next) (and a fond friendship memory.  Ten years in another 16 days...)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2020, 10:13:40 PM by Oldman731 »

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: April 24, 2020, 10:31:40 PM »
I guess Duke meant it when he said we were breaking up for good. They'll never be another.

Offline saggs

• Silver Member
      • www.kirksagers.com
« Reply #53 on: April 24, 2020, 11:25:49 PM »
How many forum only flyers do we have my guess is less then 20? Definition being the visit here on a regular basis

HiTech

I am one, who no longer plays, but pops in and peruses the forums once or twice a week.

My story just for feedback/info.

I played in the MA off and on for many years, (I think I started in 2005) as life would allow me the time to do so.  The last time I came back was when AH3 went live, and got on Steam.  I had hoped that the new eye candy and new exposure on Steam would bring back a large player base.  My favorite times was Titanic Tuesdays, more players always was more fun for me.  I played solo for years, then joined a prominent squad for years, then when I came back with AH3 I flew solo again. 

I was a flyer, never got into the GV game.  I would love just diving into a big furball and having at it til I died, or try to get out and land if I got a few kills, sometimes I'd like to hang on the fringes of a big furball to see if I could get into a good 1v1 fight, base defenses was always great fun too.  If I couldn't find a good fight, I'd join up on a player mission to try and stir up a fight somewhere.  Even though I wasn't always in a squad, I'd readily join a posted mission if it looked fun, and I met some very interesting characters that way.

When I came back with AH3, it just wasn't the same magic for me, the days of big furballs was gone, I did find the occasional great 1v1, 1v2, 2v2 fight, but it wasn't often enough to keep me interested.  But most surprising to me was that nobody ran missions anymore, the functionality was still there, but nobody ever posted, so the prospects of stirring up a big fight, and the camaraderie of flying on mission channel with some different and interesting characters, was also gone.

So I only lasted a few months in AH3 before I dropped my subscription again.  If the player numbers came back up to the glory days of the split MA and Titanic Tuesday, I'd come back in a heartbeat.  Sadly it seems to me that that is very unlikely to ever happen.  I would guess this is a game, great as I think it is, that just doesn't appeal to the upcoming, short attention span, instant gratification, generation.

Of course my opinion is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: April 24, 2020, 11:30:29 PM »
I guess Duke meant it when he said we were breaking up for good. They'll never be another.

Well, Fork and Jaeger and I have been holding the fort.  Members of the geezer group are starting to drift back.  Others have stepped into the breach to keep things going.  So it would be nice to see some support here, even from first responders like you.  We know you have lots of extra time on your hands.

The fights are getting better.  This night I had Ruah in a K4 knife fighting my 202, HlwWd in a 51D doing the same.  That's rare behavior for those types of planes.  The fight quality level is increasing.

- oldman

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2020, 11:35:54 AM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 01:28:40 PM by hitech »

Offline Trev95

• Copper Member
« Reply #56 on: May 03, 2020, 01:02:12 PM »
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 01:28:54 PM by hitech »