Author Topic: Thrustmaster T1600 Thoughts  (Read 673 times)

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
Thrustmaster T1600 Thoughts
« on: April 19, 2020, 03:03:45 PM »
Has anyone on here used this joystick/pedals combo?
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Thrustmaster T1600 Thoughts
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 10:08:03 PM »
Ive used the joystick. From a control point of view the stick is very acurate. It has a low button count compared to other sticks but performs very well for one of the cheaper sticks.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 01:49:26 AM »
I've had the stick for several years. There's quite many of those used by the Finnish community and everyone seems to like them.  As Fugi said, it's very accurate. The throttle has also been liked by those I know owning one. As for the number of buttons on the stick, there's a dozen of them in the base and four plus a hat on the stick. That's more than on a Logitech, then again half of the base buttons are below the stick stirring hand. I've got a modified throttle with more buttons than I can remember to use and the buttons on the base of the stick are unassigned.

For the price at least the stick is superior and the throttle worth the price as well as the pedals. Of course there's arguments against each of those but the comparison is usually against items with a duplicate price tag. There was a thread about the pedals where one guy said that they're too narrow and another said that the width was perfect as it was similar to the rally pedals.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2020, 06:58:19 AM »
Thanks for the information

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Hotstuff

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2020, 09:16:20 PM »
I created another thread about my problems with an X-52 stick and was looking at getting something with better performance and resolution. Do you think I can pair this stick with my X-52 throttle?

The Warthog and the X-56 look attractive but I don't want to spend the money if I don't have to. For the price of those I'd rather save up to get something like a Virpil.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2020, 02:25:59 AM »
I created another thread about my problems with an X-52 stick and was looking at getting something with better performance and resolution. Do you think I can pair this stick with my X-52 throttle?

The Warthog and the X-56 look attractive but I don't want to spend the money if I don't have to. For the price of those I'd rather save up to get something like a Virpil.
You can pair any stick and other controller. As long as Windows can see them AH can use them. I've got a T16000.m for stick and a TM TopGun Afterburner II (currently known as T-flight Hotas) for throttle. It's all about mapping a function to a certain controller.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2020, 08:46:41 AM »
T16000 is a decent stick for the money..just dont expect it to last for long (specifically the twist) if you are a heavy user.

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2020, 10:21:47 AM »
A good friend that I use to play aces with had a friend that just shipped the T16000 joystick, throttle and pedals for the cost of shipping from California. Roughly $51.00

Planning on playing aces and DCS 2.5 and wanted to make sure it would do the job.

CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Hotstuff

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2020, 01:16:19 PM »
A good friend that I use to play aces with had a friend that just shipped the T16000 joystick, throttle and pedals for the cost of shipping from California. Roughly $51.00

Planning on playing aces and DCS 2.5 and wanted to make sure it would do the job.

Good deal! Looking forward to your report. If I can't fix my damn X-52 I'm awfully tempted to pick up that stick.

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2020, 02:35:48 PM »
Good deal! Looking forward to your report. If I can't fix my damn X-52 I'm awfully tempted to pick up that stick.

I hope it works well. From the video reviews I watched on YouTube the T16000 has a lot of hat switches and buttons. My main joystick prior was a Microsoft sidewinder pro.

CO--The Bad Guys