Author Topic: Clicking the question mark on the right side of the text buffer  (Read 737 times)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
It insta-crashes the game.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Clicking the question mark on the right side of the text buffer
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 10:33:40 AM »
It doesn't instantly crash me.
I takes about a second:)
I'll get it fixed for the next patch.
HiTech

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 10:41:36 AM »
Never click question marks in-flight.  ;)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 11:00:14 AM »
Never click question marks in-flight.  ;)
Hah! Yes lesson learned indeed.

It doesn't instantly crash me.
I takes about a second:)
I'll get it fixed for the next patch.
HiTech
:salute

Actually the whole reason I clicked it was because somehow a guy was talking on 'yellow' channel (the top right, eg. non range) and the entire country could hear it yesterday in the MA. We at first thought it was because we were tuned to some radio channel (like 150) that he was talking on VOX, but that didn't work. He wasn't on our VOX channel and when he would talk, people not anywhere near our location would type on country that they could hear him. It was very strange and still unsure what exactly was happening. I checked the V dropdown and only saw Range, Squad, and Mission so not sure.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 11:02:58 AM »
Fixed.

HiTech

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2020, 12:00:08 PM »
Hah! Yes lesson learned indeed.
:salute

Actually the whole reason I clicked it was because somehow a guy was talking on 'yellow' channel (the top right, eg. non range) and the entire country could hear it yesterday in the MA. We at first thought it was because we were tuned to some radio channel (like 150) that he was talking on VOX, but that didn't work. He wasn't on our VOX channel and when he would talk, people not anywhere near our location would type on country that they could hear him. It was very strange and still unsure what exactly was happening. I checked the V dropdown and only saw Range, Squad, and Mission so not sure.

Were you flying as knights yesterday?

Had the gameid of Jplayer12 that was talking on the V channel (yellow / tuned vox channel) yesterday evening while Badboy and I had our vox channels tuned to each others gameid only....

Badboy couldn't hear him, but I could although his gameid wasn't showing in the drop-down list....just showed Badboy's gameid

But I noticed that everytime Jplayer12 would talk it would show the vox channel as 1008

I saved the film if needed

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2020, 12:03:45 PM »
I remember it as JFlyer12, just fication from Clara, maybe she and I are incorrect though.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2020, 12:51:37 PM »
I remember it as JFlyer12, just fication from Clara, maybe she and I are incorrect though.

Yep, you're correct.....ty
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2020, 01:24:44 PM »
Were you flying as knights yesterday?

Had the gameid of Jplayer12 that was talking on the V channel (yellow / tuned vox channel) yesterday evening while Badboy and I had our vox channels tuned to each others gameid only....

Badboy couldn't hear him, but I could although his gameid wasn't showing in the drop-down list....just showed Badboy's gameid

But I noticed that everytime Jplayer12 would talk it would show the vox channel as 1008

I saved the film if needed

TC
Yep...that's the one. It was something I've never come across before.

FlyKommando.com

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2020, 01:14:45 PM »
I had that happen to me before...just ignored it thinking it was range vox messed up..but it was definitely in yellow on vox window
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde