Author Topic: Wagering on "The Duel"  (Read 961 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Wagering on "The Duel"
« on: June 28, 2000, 03:14:00 AM »
Well, now that Hristo has accepted Hangtime's invitation to duel the G10 against the P-51, it's time to place some bets.

Since Hristo allows as how LW pilots are "the best" in online sims and since the G10 has about a 1.4 ROC advantage and an unspecified, significant accleration advantage, it would seem that odds are in order.

So, I'll wager $30 against your $90 (3 to 1 in favor of Hristo) that Hangtime wins this "best out of 5" contest. They're flying in the MA and will be filming.

If Hristo wins, I'll send the $30 to HTC and you fly free for a month.

If Hangtime wins, you send $90 to HTC and they can buy good scotch with it. They deserve a little "water of life" after the job they've been doing.

So you can't lose...you fly free or you buy HTC some good scotch.

Who will take me up on it? Thinking I'll place two wagers right now.

This should be fun.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline leonid

• Copper Member
Wagering on "The Duel"
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2000, 04:19:00 AM »
Well, I've known Hristos for awhile now from our old WB h2h days, so I'll put down $90 he does the deed ...

Okay, Stoichkov, don't let me down  

ingame: Raz

Offline Torquila

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Wagering on "The Duel"
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2000, 04:26:00 AM »
G10 can beat Hang's 51 with the proper pilot, im betting on Hristo.

Nath-BDP

Wagering on "The Duel"
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2000, 04:30:00 AM »
hi

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
Wagering on "The Duel"
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2000, 05:15:00 AM »
Hmmm, $90, $30, that'll by alot of food for my Kids, put some expensive gas in my truck, buy me alot McDonalds Coffee......

no thanks.. you guys have at it

Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline StSanta

• Gold Member
Wagering on "The Duel"
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2000, 05:42:00 AM »
3 to 1 odds?

Nah, unfair methinks. Both planes have their advantages and disadvantages. It is up to the pilots to use their advantages and force the enemy into a disadvantageous situation.

3 to 1, and Hangtime is current in the sim. Prop drag has changed 109 FM quite considerably, 1 month since Hristo last flew AH.

Still 3 to 1?

A 1 to 1 bet, I'd be in, but $90 is a small fortune for me.

If I was in, my money would be on my mentor Hristo for reasons of loyalty and skill  

------------------
StSanta
II/JG2

Offline Swager

• Silver Member
Wagering on "The Duel"
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2000, 06:57:00 AM »
3 to 1!!

Kind of long odds!  I mean Hangtime is a priemer Stang driver.

Is Hristo sitting on the runway for vulching, or does he get a chance to get off the ground?  

HeHe    
Rock:  Ya see that Ensign, lighting the cigarette?
Powell: Yes Rock.
Rock: Well that's where I got it, he's my son.
Powell: Really Rock, well I'd like to meet him.
Rock:  No ya wouldn't.

Offline Sharky

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.31stfightergroup.com
Wagering on "The Duel"
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2000, 09:34:00 AM »
Wheeewwww,

Hristo in a 109g10 and Hangtime in a P-51.  Well I see a draw coming up.  Unless someone makes a real mistake they will be wheeling around each other until they're outta gas.

Sharky

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Wagering on "The Duel"
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2000, 09:45:00 AM »
LOL..

No takers??...

'oh; ye of little faith'

I'm flyin a North American P51D Mustang.. big; silver, overwieght, under powered. The pilot is over weight and underpowered too. (cats excluded from the room )

The plane I'm facing wuz built by slaves and flown by gods. One or two 20mm from that nose gun are enuff to pluck my big target tulips wings...

And no takers?? Damnn.. what in hell happened to the Vegas bookmakers?

Hang

The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Kieren

• Zinc Member
Wagering on "The Duel"
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2000, 11:11:00 AM »
Can't take that bet ($!), but if the 51 has to stay and duke it out, and the 109 pilot is good...

It should be fun to watch either way.  

BTW, what are the ROE? This one can be over after the merge, you know...

[This message has been edited by Kieren (edited 06-28-2000).]

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Wagering on "The Duel"
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2000, 11:18:00 AM »
All Right!

I accept the first two posted wagers, from Leonid and Torquila.

I will mail a check to HTC for $60 to cover these two guys' AH flying for 1 month each IF HRISTO WINS THE "BEST OF 5".

You guys each mail checks for $90 to HTC to use as they wish (intended for liquid refreshment)IF HANGTIME WINS "THE BEST OF FIVE".

Checks to be mailed to HTC within 5 days of the end of the duel.

Is this agreeable, Leonid and Torquila?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline RAM

• Parolee
  • Zinc Member
Wagering on "The Duel"
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2000, 11:34:00 AM »
Heheh that would be nice!! to see Torquila as a payer customer!!!!

HRISTO PLEASEEE WIN THE DUEL!!!  

Offline Hangtime

• Plutonium Member
Wagering on "The Duel"
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2000, 01:40:00 PM »
ROE:

P51D vs 109G10. 10k merge; guns cold. Best of 5 kills. Main arena. 9:00am Eastern; Sunday morning. (15:00 zulu) Fuel; weapons pilots choice.

Yup. 10k.  

Toad.. LOL.. you'ze a crazy bastid. You didn't call ESPN did yah?

Hang
The price of Freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle, anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness...

...at home, or abroad.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Wagering on "The Duel"
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2000, 01:43:00 PM »
Hang,

Yah, ESPN says they're coming. I got Chuck Yeager for the analyst and Dennis Miller for color.

Actually, you win it and I start lobbying HTC to do my dad's B-25 as the next medium bomber. I figure 4 bottles of 18 year old MacAllan ought to be a good downpayment!

Luck to both of yas....but more luck to Hang!

Sorry I'm on the road for this one!

Offline 1776

• Nickel Member
      • http://Iain'tgotno.com
Wagering on "The Duel"
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2000, 02:43:00 PM »
POPCORN,PEANUTS,CRACKERJACKS HERE,POPCORN PEANUTS, CRACKERJACKS HERE!!!!!<tosses peanut pack to happy customer waiting for the action> GET YOUR POPCORN PEEEEANUTS HERE!!

I also claim the scrap metal consession too