Author Topic: I have some questions.  (Read 1363 times)

Offline Blade

• Nickel Member
      • Battoutai
I have some questions.
« on: January 02, 2021, 07:54:25 PM »
  • When I shoot an enemy plane, its broken wings or other parts are running down and hit my plane. I hear a cracking sound, but is there any damage to my plane from this?
  • When I apply high G's, I hear a creaking sound from the fuselage or wing, is there any damage accumulation from this?
  • Does the aerodynamic drag of a bomb depend on the type and weight of the bomb? Also, what is the value of the drag coefficient CD for each bomb?
  • Even at Aces High, will the gun be more powerful if it is fired at high speed? I feel that it is easier to shoot down a bomber from the front than from the rear.
Sorry, This may be a difficult text to understand because I'm not good at English, but please let me know.
---------------------------
Who Dares Wins
---------------------------
抜刀隊Blog http://battoutai.blogspot.com
Aces High Wiki Plus! http://www43.atwiki.jp/aceshigh/

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: I have some questions.
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 09:10:24 PM »
1. You don't get hurt by debris, only when you collide with the fuselage that still has the player icon to it.
2. I think not, but not entirely sure...
4. Bombers tend to be much less armored to the front and there's a very high chance of hitting the pilot (insta kill).

Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline AlbertSk

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 12:54:18 PM »
2. lets say you dont pull up gear. Youll start to hear the creaking at speed. If you dont correct and raise or slow down it rips gear off. Same if your on approach and lower gear at too high a speed.

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2021, 01:39:02 PM »
2.  It is possible to over stress your airplane. I don't believe there is any damage when you hear the creaking, but if you don't reduce the force on the plane, you will start losing parts.  AlbertSk gave the example of your landing gear, but you can also tear a wing off in some planes.

4. Bullet speed and damage is modeled in Aces High.  I do believe a faster bullet does more damage.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2021, 01:40:32 PM »
If you suspect damage you can always check it "CNTRL D". :rock
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2021, 10:40:27 AM »
As far as the creaking, there is no damage accumulation.  Parts of the plane behave factory fresh until they break.  If you're wondering if they accumulate damage if you creak but ease off before they break, I don't believe they do.  It creaks first, then if you don't back off, at whatever load it sheds, it sheds.

Relative speed of bullets is modeled.  IE- if you HO another aircraft, your bullets hit a bit harder than if you're in a tail chase.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2021, 12:39:56 PM »
If your wheels rip off because you forgot to lift them does that affect flight dynamics? Weight?

You would think damage of all types would accumulate and take its physical toll when it reached a preset maxium for that specific plane part.

IMO that damage would be from an enemy planes hits or abusing the plane by flying outside its limits

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2021, 02:42:25 PM »
The damage model is pretty basic. If you lose your gear I believe the only penalty is that you can't taxi to the rearm pad.

The WW1 aircraft have an improved damage model but I haven't noticed that knocking your gear off affects flight.

Damage from hits is cumulative but not damage from stress. I doubt it's worth coding cumulative stress when we get a new aircraft each sortie.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2021, 02:12:09 AM »
As far as the creaking, there is no damage accumulation.  Parts of the plane behave factory fresh until they break.  If you're wondering if they accumulate damage if you creak but ease off before they break, I don't believe they do.  It creaks first, then if you don't back off, at whatever load it sheds, it sheds.

Relative speed of bullets is modeled.  IE- if you HO another aircraft, your bullets hit a bit harder than if you're in a tail chase.

Wiley.
Wouldnt this be "convergence" related? Pluss the hits will be at much closer range than "Tail chase" at D 600(the average distance I encounter)? The rounds are able to "store" their e, and hit with their FULL potential. My question is, Are the different "LOADS" modeled? ie....Every other "5th round is Tracer and every 4 is incendiary on and on?
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2021, 03:58:57 PM »
Wouldnt this be "convergence" related? Pluss the hits will be at much closer range than "Tail chase" at D 600(the average distance I encounter)? The rounds are able to "store" their e, and hit with their FULL potential. My question is, Are the different "LOADS" modeled? ie....Every other "5th round is Tracer and every 4 is incendiary on and on?

I'm just talking on a per-round basis.    As far as individual loads, I believe it's averaged out and they all hit the same from a specific gun.  If memory serves, I believe another factor is MG rounds lose damage over distance, but cannon rounds do not.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2021, 03:07:47 AM »
I'm just talking on a per-round basis.    As far as individual loads, I believe it's averaged out and they all hit the same from a specific gun.  If memory serves, I believe another factor is MG rounds lose damage over distance, but cannon rounds do not.

Wiley.
Pretty much what I figured, but you guys have been here longer than I have. Makes sense, about Cannon Rds! They have so much more mass + velocity.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2021, 10:21:41 AM »
Cannon rounds have less velocity, but they do have explosives.

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2021, 07:10:22 AM »
I did a test, g-14 at 20 k empty drop, reach max speed.. sat there for a minute, dropped empty fuel drop tank, speed stayed the same. I will try a full drop next time.
It could be the altitude, higher denisity altitude means less parasitic drag or less air resistance so this may be different, say at 10k
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2021, 05:56:03 PM »
I did a test, g-14 at 20 k empty drop, reach max speed.. sat there for a minute, dropped empty fuel drop tank, speed stayed the same. I will try a full drop next time.
It could be the altitude, higher denisity altitude means less parasitic drag or less air resistance so this may be different, say at 10k
I think in the game it is always a standard day with a standard laps rate. 
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes