Author Topic: Occasionally slight freeze  (Read 1630 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Occasionally slight freeze
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2020, 06:21:23 AM »
Had the dx11 stutter when I used trackir.

I had to use dx9 then.

Since going vr and dx11 no stutter

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2020, 10:52:03 AM »
Note I have seen 2 times of studders described, one about a second long pause, another just a frame twitch. Wich one were you seeing with the sound?

Btw in the vr settings, try disabling auto mode switch and see if that removes the studder.

HiTech
Second long pause and microfreezes (both) is what I was experiencing. I think it was due to my 5 year old SoundBlaster and Windows 10/DX11 challenges and the same with the crappy onboard RealTek audio. Driver was old too from both and upgrading to a new soundcard made the issue go away 100%.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline toasted

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2020, 04:14:08 PM »
i normally get both the long hourglass stutter, and the micro stutter.
using a rift s on a plenty powerful system.
does not seem to matter what quality settings in game i choose.

however using the occulus rift debug tool, and setting adaptive gpu performance scale to OFF and asynchronous spacewarp to disabled fixes it. and i can run hi settings without freezes.

bonus points, use pixels per display and set it 1.2-2.0 or so to increase the resolution of the displays. (warning with this, it may impact fps if set too high, and because you are in effect showing a higher resolution image it may change the point of aim just a bit between settings. but it really makes things much clearer if your computer can handle it. i find even 1.2 is a noticeable improvement)

« Last Edit: May 07, 2020, 04:19:08 PM by toasted »
"fly as far as you can into the crash"

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2020, 04:21:00 PM »
To avoid the described I swapped out to DX9.
"So far the score is Gunzo 237 - Skyyr 0"
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2020, 05:44:23 PM »
Thought VR was as in dx11

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2020, 05:52:55 PM »
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2020, 04:10:43 AM »
Check this out.

https://www.pcgamer.com/try-turning-off-windows-10s-game-mode-if-your-games-are-stuttering-or-freezing/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Interesting!? Being it is on by default!? Daddyace, mentioned "game mode" a few weeks ago, so I checked it out. I didnt see any changes with it turned off...but was more "per a FR" angle. Didnt leave it off for very long, so might have missed something as per frequency of "stutters"? :uhoh
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2020, 08:01:00 AM »
Interesting indeed. However, the micro freeze of half a second or so was present on Windows 7 as well.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Pluto

• Copper Member
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2020, 11:40:21 AM »
My rift S had the issue until December when they forced an update. It worked flawlessly until the February update and then it was really bad. Very frequent stutters and pauses in Aces High and IL2.
Last night I disabled Realtek HD audio manager and in device manager under sound, video and game controllers I disabled Oculus virtual audio device. It seems to have solved my issue but Ive only played for an hour or so since then.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2020, 11:51:18 AM »
Disabling the Oculus Virtual Audio Device is something you can do and should do automatically. FYI it's probably gonna reset itself with an update so be aware of that and go looking for it each time. It apparently has absolutely nothing to do with the RiftS and everything to do with the Quest. If you're using OBS to record or stream be aware you'll have to reset your audio sources after each update for the same reason. That all happened during the winter updates where they homogenized their software to "work" with all their headsets. Seems to me that strategery has caused more problems than a little bit. Pure genius. :rock
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline sundowner25

• Zinc Member
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2020, 04:45:57 PM »
Dont think it's a hardware issue such as a sound card, seems to widespread for that. It does seem like it you listen the sound almost hangs to, sometimes the sound seems to slip even when the screen dosnt freeze. Most freezes are very quick, every now and then you get one that's twice as long. I play iracing with no issues. I run an intel i9, 32gb, with a 2080 ti.

Offline 38ruk

• Gold Member
      • @pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2020, 03:58:07 AM »
I was having a real issue with my Z390's onboard sound RT ACl1220A, where as every time I would broadcast voice I would get a stutter (more like a pause)  and large FPS drop . It seems that the onboard sound is having issues between the front and rear panels causing interference with one another. I installed my old dedicated sound card and everything has cleared up . FWIW 

Offline yipi

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2020, 12:27:29 PM »
I have the same issue if I run DX11 with my monitor I get the stutter. I used to get it with my Occulus Rift then I installed AVG Maintenance program got from Amazon for 20 dollars and it put all Background programs to sleep and that fixed it. I also installed the latest Nividia Driver another time it was happening and that fixed it.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WDLV1KG/ref=sr_1_6?dchild=1&keywords=avg&qid=1589650205&sr=8-6
« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 12:31:18 PM by yipi »