Author Topic: Stall buffet audio not playing.  (Read 691 times)

Offline JetpackManiac

• Zinc Member
Stall buffet audio not playing.
« on: July 13, 2022, 07:01:49 PM »
I downloaded and installed the Sick Puppy sound pack and it sounds great. However the stall buffet sound isn't playing and I'm getting this error in chat: EVENT /default/Effects/buffet is not stopping after timeout. I have never messed with sound packs before and google isn't being helpful, so I was wondering if someone could give me some clues as to what's going on here?
Thanks in advance! <S>

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Re: Stall buffet audio not playing.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2022, 08:13:56 PM »
There are a couple of these type of issues with Chalenge's sound pack. I'm pretty sure he is aware of them. I'm not sure what the fix is. I've just lived with it for so long now that I hardly even notice the error message.

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2022, 11:41:08 PM »
Thanks for the heads up. I think it is probably an FMod bug, but I will look into it further. It may help to know the airplane you were flying.

If all else fails, I will send the complete collection to HiTech for review.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 11:44:15 PM by Chalenge »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2022, 08:54:15 AM »
Chalenge, I honestly thought you were already aware of this.

I get the buffet error in the F4U-1A. From here on I will note which planes, and what errors I see.

444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline JetpackManiac

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2022, 11:00:43 AM »
I figured I had just set something up wrong, thanks for the reply’s. The pack sounds amazing btw, thanks for your hard work Chalenge! <S>

JetpackM

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2022, 11:26:45 AM »
Chalenge, I honestly thought you were already aware of this.

I get the buffet error in the F4U-1A. From here on I will note which planes, and what errors I see.

Thanks. I am aware that there is a problem with some vehicle sounds kicking off a "not stopping after timeout" message, and I think I have those fixed (fingers crossed). The error pops up sometimes based upon where the end_of_loop is marked, and then doesn't always happen at all. FMod, is not always cut and dry.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.