Author Topic: Sounds in Aces High  (Read 3738 times)

Offline Majors

• Copper Member
Sounds in Aces High
« on: May 05, 2020, 01:57:27 PM »
Hi Mates

I'm a very old timer just returned.  The game still looks pretty good.  Greebo and the guys have done a super job with skins.  However, can't understand why the sounds are so bad.

In the tower, with aircraft taking off, sounds like a bunch of Cessna 150's instead of WWII aircraft that we have in the game.

I was very lucky.  Have been flying since I was 17 (1954), flew in the Army in the 60's and had my own airplanes in the 70's and 80's.  Quit flying in 1985.  I was very lucky in the late 70's to sponsor restoration on a couple of WW2 aircraft down at Harlengen Texas in the CAF.  I was a colonel in those days.  Anyway, as a sponsor I got to either fly or fly in a lot of the aircraft in this game.  B24, 25, 29.  P40, 38,51.  SBD and some others.  So I have heard these aircraft crank up and idle and takeoff.  I  have heard the cockpit sounds on them as well.

I might suggest that anyone that has the talent to create sounds for this game try and attend any CAF airshow near your home if you can.  If you know they are coming, you might contact CAF in advance and see if they might let you record the various aircraft.  My guess is they would.  Pretty good bunch of guys.

Not being critical, just making a suggestion hoping  to improve the game.  I started online gaming in Warbirds back in the mid 90's.  We had some really great squadrons over there and some super times.  My wife and I traveled to the UK for years and our squad would have gatherings at Shepherd Tavern in Shepherds Market, London on a number of occasions.  So, very close bunch  of guys.  I am the only one left over here.

Good gaming mates.

Majors
249RAF (ret)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Re: Sounds in Aces High
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 03:20:30 PM »
Chalenge has a pack with a substantial amount of aircraft sound changes, but from what he said it has been quite expensive to do. I believe the 'new' sound system makes it a bit more difficult to create custom sounds, can no longer drag and drop mp3 files.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 03:44:44 PM »
We used to have several sound packs. With the sound upgrade those went away. The new system is a pain to build packs for... so I understand. To date only one individual has taken on the task. It is a work in progress.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2020, 08:43:31 PM »
Yeah, you can't just go to the local Walmart and find your favorite airplane or tank hanging out. To date only two people have supported the effort. Well, three with Hitech's help.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 09:54:45 AM »
Since downloading Chalenge’s Sound Pack, I’ve been continually impressed with the quality and individuality of the aircraft and vehicles.  Of the aircraft I’ve seen/heard real world, these are spot on. Well done, Chalenge! :salute

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2020, 09:35:22 PM »
Since downloading Chalenge’s Sound Pack, I’ve been continually impressed with the quality and individuality of the aircraft and vehicles.  Of the aircraft I’ve seen/heard real world, these are spot on. Well done, Chalenge! :salute

+1   :salute

Offline TryHard

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2020, 11:55:30 PM »
Yeah, you can't just go to the local Walmart and find your favorite airplane or tank hanging out. To date only two people have supported the effort. Well, three with Hitech's help.

Again why not just utilize the sounds from the multitude of sound packs we had in Aces high 2?

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2020, 03:50:28 AM »
Again why not just utilize the sounds from the multitude of sound packs we had in Aces high 2?

Why not ask the guys that made those sounds?
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2020, 05:44:46 PM »

I have a check six sound that a pig's wife made for us and also made individual sounds.  mine is "check your bacon semp" in a real sexy voice.  tried for about 4 hours to use the new sound system and all I got to show was less hair and 2 empty bottles of whiskey.

grateful for challenge to take the time to make the new sound pack  :cheers: :cheers:.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2021, 10:12:38 PM »
Used to be very helpful to be able to tell which GV was coming in and you were up against.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline GrandpaChaps

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2021, 06:34:44 PM »
Used to be very helpful to be able to tell which GV was coming in and you were up against.

uhm, TMI?
Uncle Fred

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2021, 04:15:26 PM »
The new sound pack you can tell the difference between a t34 and a panzer/ USA chassis. You can also tell m3 mostly from speed sounds like a fast t34 Jeep’s and m8s sound similar to me. Pony, some jugs, p38 and a few other plane models sound different. Strong still sound like a hemi-briggs&stratton though.
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2021, 01:31:20 AM »
Strong still sound like a hemi-briggs&stratton though.

Can't make sense of this.

Offline Orbitson

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2022, 06:21:22 PM »
Why not ask the guys that made those sounds?
I have come back to this game after about ten years away.  I downloaded your custom sounds but have no reference to how they are different from the current game sounds.
How can I get the standard game sounds file to allow me to compare?
Syd*****Flying with The Floyd
By the way which one is Pink?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2022, 12:33:18 AM »
I have come back to this game after about ten years away.  I downloaded your custom sounds but have no reference to how they are different from the current game sounds.
How can I get the standard game sounds file to allow me to compare?

I like flying the p51. first time I downloaded his sounds many years ago and now the upgraded sounds, the p51 still stands out as it sounds just like the p51 I heard flying around at chino airport many years ago. p47's are the same thing.  saw them flying around not sure which model but they sound good.  other than that unless you have heard them flying in real life, then you cant compare.  those are the sounds that stand out to me.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.