Author Topic: In Progress: The Eastern Front  (Read 550 times)

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
In Progress: The Eastern Front
« on: March 02, 2001, 09:48:00 PM »
Since I am waiting for the new AH Editor (with coastlines) to finally update my Burma terrain, I have started working on the Eastern Front. SQRL has been providing me with some excellent 'autumn' tiles (BTW, they have been updated since these pics and look better then what is shown). I thought you guys might like seeing the grass airfields.

This is definitely a work in progress, as airfield locations on the eastern front are hard to comeby (I have about 14 'known' airfield locations so far...but this is a big terrain, I need more then that). I also need airfield locations near Stalingrad during the battle of Stalingrad and the same for Kursk. So if anyone has any good info, I would appreciate it.

------------------
Sundog
VMF-111 Devildogs
MAG-33

'Criticism is always easier than craftmanship.'

TheWobble

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2001, 11:05:00 PM »
I like the runway, i wish HTC would get one of the AWSOME maps that are being made.

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2001, 06:14:00 PM »
Looking very good Sundog!

Originally posted by TheWobble:
I wish HTC would get one of the AWSOME maps that are being made.

I'm sure HTC would be delighted to receive more terrains!!

Camo

------------------
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

Offline pokie

• Silver Member
      • http://s7.eastlink.ca/~tscott
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2001, 07:17:00 PM »
<S>

Pokie

Offline Texman11

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2001, 04:22:00 PM »
I have seen some of these terrains and they are good!  But, where do I find them, and how do I install them?  Have not seen any terrains likethat since AW3!

Thanks

Texman11
"Don't squat with yer spurs on!"

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2001, 11:23:00 PM »
FYI Texman, as per the topic heading, that's a work in progress   . I still have a lot of work to do on that terrain. Also, the terrain looks like that because the the guy who so kindly agreed to make the textures, SQRL, builds terrains for AW. His work is excellent.

Many terrains are OTW from various players (There are also some available if you go back far enough in the threads). However, the Burma terrain is almost complete. I am just waiting for the new TE to be released (After the next release) to update it, then it will be submitted to HTC. After that, I'll get this Eastern Front terrain wrapped up and shipped off to HTC (I wouldn't expect this terrain to be ready for submission for another 6 weeks due to my workload at work.) As soon as Burma is ready, I'll ley ya know.  

------------------
Sundog
VMF-111 Devildogs
MAG-33

Offline LLv34_Camouflage

• Gold Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2001, 04:56:00 AM »

Originally posted by Sundog:

I am just waiting for the new TE to be released (After the next release) to update it, then it will be submitted to HTC.

If you're only waiting for the coastline textures, there's no need to wait.  Just make the 3 extra textures and you're ready.  1.06 will support them automatically when it comes.

Here's the instructions how to make the three coastline/grass textures: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/Smileys/default/Forum55/HTML/000224.html

Camo

------------------
Camouflage
XO, Lentolaivue 34
 www.muodos.fi/LLv34

Brewster into AH!

"The really good pilots use their superior judgement to keep them out of situations
where they might be required to demonstrate their superior skill."
CO, Lentolaivue 34
Brewster's in AH!
"How about the power to kill a Yak from 200 yards away - with mind bullets!"

Offline Sundog

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2001, 07:01:00 PM »
CC..I saw that camo..they are being worked on as we speak   . I just have to go through and change the terrain because I had already used the rock terrain to make the coastlines which exist in it now. So now I have to go through and 'undo' those rock textures   .

------------------
Sundog
VMF-111 Devildogs
MAG-33