Author Topic: Offline Missions Always Showing "Out of Date"  (Read 921 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Offline Missions Always Showing "Out of Date"
« on: May 14, 2020, 09:16:55 PM »

All my offline missions are showing as "Out of Date". 

So I deleted some off my HD and downloaded them again from the server, and they immediately show "Out of Date" again.

:headscratch:
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: Offline Missions Always Showing "Out of Date"
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2020, 12:56:15 PM »
There is no love for the Offline Mission Editor.
It get gets killed with almost every significant update to AHIII and so do your missions you've created.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 04:23:22 PM »
There is no love for the Offline Mission Editor.
It get gets killed with almost every significant update to AHIII and so do your missions you've created.

Coogan

You may be behind the times on that thinking.

HiTech

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 05:05:36 PM »

HiTech

Maybe he is "Out of Date"?

:noid
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2020, 11:33:18 AM »
Lets play spot the bug. This is in the code that sends the list of missions to the client.

sprintf(VersionStr, "0x08X", ListEntry.Version);

Will have new host in a few minutes and it should be fixed.

HiTech

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2020, 12:08:41 PM »
Lets play spot the bug. This is in the code that sends the list of missions to the client.

sprintf(VersionStr, "0x08X", ListEntry.Version);

Will have new host in a few minutes and it should be fixed.

HiTech

Not fair.  I just reinstalled my VS the other week and didn't add the C++ workload because I figured "how likely is it I'll be ever writing C++ again?"  ;)

Without being able to test, and given its been about 10 years since I've used sprintf,  an off the top of my head from memory guess would be:  need a "%X"?

« Last Edit: May 16, 2020, 12:35:41 PM by CptTrips »

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2020, 12:36:00 PM »

Look to be working now.   :aok

:salute

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2020, 01:33:05 PM »
Not fair.  I just reinstalled my VS the other week and didn't add the C++ workload because I figured "how likely is it I'll be ever writing C++ again?"  ;)

Without being able to test, and given its been about 10 years since I've used sprintf,  an off the top of my head from memory guess would be:  need a "%X"?

Close missing in front of the 08 should be "0x%08X",255) will create the string 0x000000FF format. With out it it create 0x08X

HiTech

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2020, 01:44:50 PM »
Close missing in front of the 08 should be "0x%08X",255) will create the string 0x000000FF format. With out it it create 0x08X

HiTech

Yeah.  THe nasty thing about those are they are runtime bugs instead of compile time. 
Ah, if all runtime bugs could be pushed down to compile time.   :old:

That's why I hate loosely typed languages with a passion.

I was working on a project once that was client/server.  Actually there were multiple servers that talked back and forth to each other.  The whole set of servers had about 20 config files in XML that set them up.   :bhead  They often had similar data,  sometimes exactly the same, sometimes the same data called different things in the different XML files.   :bhead :bhead

We had a bug at a customer installation and we were beating our heads against the monitors trying to figure it out.  We eventually narrowed it down to one section of one of the XML files and stared at it for like an hour trying to understand what was wrong.  Then I noticed in one of the fields some one had put in a lower case L in a number instead of a numeral 1.  '

In the editors we were using with the font used, those characters looked almost exactly the same.  :bhead :bhead :bhead

To this day I'm convinced that could not have been an accident. Somebody was trying to be a clever d*k.   :mad: :mad: :mad:

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2020, 03:54:36 PM »

HiTech

I'm sure I'm not.
There just hasent' been a big enough update to the game to ruin everyone's offline missions.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2020, 04:21:18 PM »
I'm sure I'm not.
There just hasent' been a big enough update to the game to ruin everyone's offline missions.

Coogan

Well, dude, if you remember, I went through some of your missions and showed you how you could convert them over with a little work.  Maybe a little more now that other stuff has been added, but a lot of that probably just gets defaulted if your source file didn't have it.  I converted some of your old missions and go them mostly working, but the bases had moved slightly and you routing would have had to be updated.

The main problem you had was you wrote a bunch of missions for a terrain you didn't control the source for.  When that terrain was converted, they didn't necessarily put everything back exactly where it had been because staying perfectly consistent with your missions probably wasn't in their design criteria.  But that a terrain owners could have revamped his terrain at any time even without a major client version upgrade.

So bottom line, you should have never put a lot of work into missions dependent on a terrain you didn't control the source for.  That was a risk management decision on your part.

Besides.  If you want to play with the bleeding edge of the tech, you have to accept a little blood loss from time to time.

:cheers: 

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2020, 12:22:35 AM »
Didn't need your help.  Dude.

Coogan
Game Id's:

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2020, 12:35:14 AM »
Didn't need your help.  Dude.

Coogan

You're all class, Coogan.