Author Topic: Monday Night Madness/ava staff night--5/18/20 at 8pm EST in the AVA arena  (Read 2865 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Monday Night Madness

8pm EST in the AVA arena

*** Tonight only--No Turny Planes ***

Monday Night madness is like going to your favorite bar! its fun, its exciting

all your friends are there, and everyone talked to each other!

We use all midwar planes only. some are easy mode, some are not.

join us for Monday Night Madness in the AVA starting at 8pm EST.

every week there are more and more players coming to check this out!

Pilots are trying to fly in the fog, between buildings,

all the while checking your 6, gets very very intense. plane parts flying everywhere!!

If you're not that good, don't worry about it. we'll help you get better.

It"s great for training, for situational awareness and how

to become a better pilot. it will help you whip some butt in the MA! you wont be sorry.

Hot pilot to beat this week is FBTrev95, for being the best pilot in Monday night madness last week!

come in and see if you can take that title from him! he's almost very good! 

vox is 223

Ack--21X

Ceiling 4k

friendly icons 3K

enemy icons 1K

see you tonight at 8pm!  <S>

« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 05:11:11 PM by captain1ma »

Offline LNG15

• Copper Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
No turn planes he says. Hurricane 2 can turn as well as a corsair with flaps. And enabling a FM2 and Zeroes? Real fun
Be Prepared To "Get Lanced!"

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
No turn planes he says. Hurricane 2 can turn as well as a corsair with flaps. And enabling a FM2 and Zeroes? Real fun

His quote is this:  "We use all midwar planes only. some are easy mode, some are not."

Up to you which you pick.  But the description is accurate.

- oldman

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
I missed tonight dang it.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Good fun again

Thanks!

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
LNG, I had a real fun time last night and I am at a loss how you can only complain the entire time you are in the arena and now on the boards. This might seem harsh to you but it is the truth, here is an old saying:
Whine snivel pisss and moan if you don’t wanna be here go on home.

☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Das-Beste-kommt-erst-noch

Offline trap78

• AvA Staff Member
  • Nickel Member
Any relatively large plane set will have a handful of aircraft that dominate the low speed turn fight and another that dominate the fast, slashing fight. If you eliminate the two most low speed maneuverable planes in the set, then the next two most maneuverable just take their place. If all the planes were exactly matched and required the same tactics, the game would be boring. The Oscar and Brewster are the two most heavily used "turny" planes in MNM and they weren't available. That changed the fight dynamics considerably. MNM is designed to be an extremely high threat environment intended to push the pilots SA, gunnery, tactics and flying skills to the limit with a minimum amount of drama. So try going with the flow instead of against it.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
I missed spreading parts around last night. Hope the excess parts from last week sufficed.  :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline LNG15

• Copper Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
LNG, I had a real fun time last night and I am at a loss how you can only complain the entire time you are in the arena and now on the boards. This might seem harsh to you but it is the truth, here is an old saying:
Whine snivel pisss and moan if you don’t wanna be here go on home.
I understand SNO where you are coming from but this is what killed me last night on there. When it was mentioned of Mid War planes and not turny planes I was hoping for some good P-47 flying and yet it seemed that even if I could catch a break it still didn't work out. What didn't help either is with how high you can only go up. Just up to 4K, and I understand turn fights or scissor fights, but I try to fly the aircraft in there as historically accurate as can be and I know the fighters like the wildcat and corsair and the thunderbolt were used in those roles. It pissed me off because it seemed even if I built up speed it felt like with fighters like the hurricane 2s could keep up and I was weping like a MFer. And I remember the old AVA had a setup where would could fly the historical aircraft on the historical maps. But the map for me isn't really my cup of tea, and thats why I fly scenario or FSO because the experience of flying a long mission and getting those moments of excitement or fright makes it more realistic in my opinion and the flight setup is more to it as well, but it just doesn't work in my play style that's the issue. Thats why I go with MA most times and sometimes I have bad days which yesterday was, and I have amazing 1v1s with good pilots like I had a good engagement one time with svaal in a 109K4 while I was flying an F4. That's the way I like to fly, get some time to setup my approach and fly historically correct, I am not trying to sound like a picker. I just want to have a more realistic approach on AVA. I hope you understand where I am coming from.
Be Prepared To "Get Lanced!"

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
I do understand where you are coming from, the plane set wasn’t what you expected. So no turny planes is what,? only jugs? LilMak will blow that claim, F4U? Rudboi will blow that claim, 109’s need to be able to fight up, Eagler will show you different and the list goes on. Point being the plane set is what it is, find a ride that you like and fits the environment  and have some fun for crying out loud! If you have a plane set you think “everyone could enjoy” mention it and maybe we could give it a go,  I will tell you your present approach isn’t working.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 12:05:29 PM by SNO »
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Das-Beste-kommt-erst-noch

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
With a 4k ceiling you cannot " historically" fly any aircraft in MNM especially anything that does not turn as their boom and zoom required more alt than 4k

Get in a spit 9 like the rest / most of them and have fun

If it is not a <S> on the radio, don't send it

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
I fly the 38J all the time and have a blast. Everyone knows who the 38 is and comes after me..... turny planes and all.

Leave your ego at the door and you will have fun. I purposely make my self a target and have a blast.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Leave your ego at the door and you will have fun.

True this.  MNM certainly does not pretend to be an historical experience.  But it's a lot of fun once you get used to the concept.

- oldman (proudly serving as everyone's target)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Monday Night Madness is meant to be a nightmare furball. It improves flying skills, SA, and aim very quickly if you can stay with it.

It is not one of the weekly Axis vs Allied setups as those have seen almost no attendance with the low numbers in the game the last year or so. Maybe that will change, as the numbers are coming back up.

:cheers:
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website

No turny planes meant no b-239, no I-16 and no ki-43.  If you're not killing everyone you're not happy. My job is to make it fun for EVERYONE, no matter how good they are. Maybe you should have more of an encouragement attitude, rather then the "me,me,me" attidude.