Author Topic: Monday Night Madness/ava staff night--5/18/20 at 8pm EST in the AVA arena  (Read 2853 times)

Offline LNG15

• Copper Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Fair enough Jaeger. It's good. I probably won't be on MNM much, no fault of anyone but I just don't get good results and usually when I am trying to fly the planes right I have moments where the more realistic flight setup causes me to roll and to crash so much. Thats why I avoid it. No fault of anyone but to my the flight setup as in even at say 200 IAS and I turn or I attempt to get a scissor fight I spin out of control and I can't recover and I crash. That's what gets me.
Be Prepared To "Get Lanced!"

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
well we like having you in there, but sometimes you have to go with the flow. if you plane does weird stuff at certain speeds, figure it out and get better at it. that's the fun part of Monday night madness. why do you think I can out do almost everyone with a KI-43. I figured it out. its also about the only plane I can get a kill in.

sometimes the best part of the game is figuring out what it takes to get better at something. if the plane doesn't handle well at 200, don't get slow. the 190 does a snap roll if you let it get away from you to the right. how do I know? I snap rolled it a million times at slow speed. the fix? drop flaps and used rudder. turns better and you wont snap roll. those are just some of the little intricacies of the game.

the trick is to find them.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Fair enough Jaeger. It's good. I probably won't be on MNM much, no fault of anyone but I just don't get good results and usually when I am trying to fly the planes right I have moments where the more realistic flight setup causes me to roll and to crash so much. Thats why I avoid it. No fault of anyone but to my the flight setup as in even at say 200 IAS and I turn or I attempt to get a scissor fight I spin out of control and I can't recover and I crash. That's what gets me.

All the more reason to practice.

When I used to train folks in the 38... the first thing I taught them was low and slow. Well before even how to control dive speed and not nose dart. One thing they will always do early... they will try to come in with alt but always end up low and slow. So that is what they need to learn first in my book. Learn to build energy from a deficit. Once they learn that it is easier to teach them how to keep their energy when they own it to begin with.

Practice dancing with your plane of choice in a slow knife fight, it will improve your ability all around. You won't get as concerned about possibly getting too slow... you'll know that you can still fight and come out the victor, not just give up.

I'll add one more thing.... you are not the first, we have all been there. Not one of us started out good or on top. We all started at the bottom. We all work to improve. You are much better than when you started.... it is an on going thing. We all work to improve. Just never forget the main thing we are here for TO HAVE FUN. Don't lose the ability to enjoy what you are doing!

CYA in the AH skies!!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 04:37:51 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline shppr01

• AvA Staff Member
  • Gold Member
In my opinion, MNM was always meant to be fun! It also helps a player learn to fly a plane you wouldn't normally fly in the main arenas.  The more you can fly, the more rounded and better player you will be.

This is why we set these up. The main thing is to have fun, with getting to know more planes and how other players fight . I have learned more from MNM than anywhere else!

Just my two cents !
Ingame : Shipper

Never put your gun down to hug a grizzly.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Well yes..... cause I rarely fly the 38...  :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
MNM is great practice for MA

You can have a weeks worth of MA fighting in a hour in MNM

The pilots are above average skill

Best place for fast action going in AH3 theses days

Compare that to the scenario I tried Saturday where I flew around for 3 hours and shot at 4 planes downing one....

2nd and last scenario for me unless they change to minimize boredom

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Scenarios are great in their own way. They are completely different than MNM. Think of scenarios as playing chess against your opponent with breaks for fist fighting.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Add blindfolded playing on a 100 sq mile chessboard

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals