Author Topic: A Gold star?  (Read 2641 times)

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
A Gold star?
« on: May 18, 2020, 06:17:13 PM »
If word gets out that you can't get a 5th star by doing 100% of the achievements. People may not do it.... I kid i kid.. But it was a bit underwhelming that nothing happened when i did it on sunday  :(

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: A Gold star?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 01:37:28 AM »
If not a 5th star, what  would be more rewarding is when someone completes 100% of all the achievements they are rewarded with like 500 perk points for all 3 categories each....
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 04:52:48 AM »
Society today.... why do you need anything? They were there to do and you decided to do them. If you didn't get any self fulfillment from that, why did you waste your time?

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 05:58:34 PM »
Shuffler, with that logic, why give out the 4 stars? I don't NEED anything. It was just vary anticlimactic is all.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 06:01:56 PM by USCH »

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2020, 06:01:20 PM »
If your lucky or skilful enough to reach ALL of your achievements, you dont need any star or more perks

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2020, 12:42:23 AM »
Society today.... why do you need anything? They were there to do and you decided to do them. If you didn't get any self fulfillment from that, why did you waste your time?

I personally don't need anything!

I suggested that for the millennials, LOL
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2020, 03:36:05 AM »
I personally don't need anything!

I suggested that for the millennials, LOL

Oh yeah.... I was sure of that lol.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2020, 04:49:56 AM »
Why not? This is not only for the achievement, but also displays to others a level of rank, whether it be in seniority or skill.  At least that is what I had assumed. They’re still displayed along side the players” call sign aren’t they?  Leading to questions from new and experienced observers.

When they were first implemented they filled a longstanding wish to graphically show career standings.   Without reading this post I would have no clue off his passing this milestone.

To draw all to completion, I would add one final requirement:  ”Congratulations you have completed all current achievements, volunteer for ‘X’ minutes in the training arena by players request to receive your 5th star.”

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2020, 07:12:34 AM »
You can just turn them off if they bother you.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2020, 06:26:26 PM »
I did turn them off when I noticed that Cybro has 4 stars that he appears to have gotten from hiding here and there :)

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2020, 01:58:04 AM »
Cybro wins again  :noid

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2020, 11:15:37 AM »

THIS !!!!!    Thank you sir!

When I came back to AH and saw these lil stars and achievements I was like hmm whats this and then was like Meh what ever. Some of them are kinda cute and give me a laugh when I get one but otherwise they really mean nothing.   For me personally what meant the most was back in the day in AH1 and 2 when I was a real beast in my buffs and people many times would message me saying something like "I thought that might be you <S>" after I shot them out of the air. 
  My rank was never crazy good and that never meant much but being good enough at something in game that you were recognized for what you could do and not the fact that you have lil stars by your name.  I personally don't even notice them when I look at the roster. What I notice is when someone sets up on my buffs just right and I have a real hard time landing hits on them and I think to myself "I could be in trouble here because this guy knows what he's doing."  And to those guys I always try to give a <S> to because thy show real skill and deserve respect whether I kill them or they kill me. 
  So in summery, when I encounter you in game and have a good Idea who it is because of the skill you show without seeing your name, THEN your rank go's up in my head and I'll be thinking "Ahhh crap this is probably so and so and I'm gonna die."  :)    Snailman comes to mind.  Thndregg and I could always tell when the Snail was slithering up to our 17's. Always a good challenge trying to shoot him out of the air.   :lol
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2020, 03:55:28 PM »
Harmless fun that folks want to deny their fellow players for whatever reasons. No wonder Hitech has little need to justify what does or doesn’t meet criteria for game enhancements beyond prohibitive matters.

Offline BaronVonDeath

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2020, 12:40:09 PM »

Yeah everyone gets a trophy attitude. NO that is a great accomplishment and should be acknowledged. If this is MAKAYLA, congrats well done! 

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2020, 04:50:05 PM »
Yeah everyone gets a trophy attitude. NO that is a great accomplishment and should be acknowledged. If this is MAKAYLA, congrats well done!
Shhhhh im under the radar with my old old old name here.... :) thanks bro...