Author Topic: Getting my Old Handle Back.  (Read 735 times)

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Getting my Old Handle Back.
« on: May 18, 2020, 06:37:24 PM »
I was thinking of returning to the game, however I found that my Handle was locked but does not appear to have been used any time recently.

Not sure if any one other than me has used it in years.

If I'm not mistaken you use to have to call in and have your handle released, is this still the case or is there a different procedure?

I did notice the login has changed to use your email rather than your handle as your account name and the steam version has no log in info at all, So I'm not sure if my Handle is in use by some one else, been used by some one else, or has just locked since I left.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 06:40:04 PM by Mayhem »
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."
The Damned! (Est. 1988) Damned if we do - No fun if we don't!
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
Re: Getting my Old Handle Back.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 06:58:36 PM »
I've always gotten my handle back just by emailing HTC.
As long as it's not taken you shouldn't have any problem.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 09:30:16 PM »
Give HTC (Dale) a call he will fix you right up

Why are you using the Steam version? Just curious

I prefer the direct download from HTC and not some 3rd party software being in the middle

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2020, 10:01:18 AM »

Why are you using the Steam version? Just curious

I prefer the direct download from HTC and not some 3rd party software being in the middle

TC

Well I have the game on both steam and Direct Download. With steam I get the Overlay, Streaming, broadcasting, an additional community forum, and If I'm not mistaken VR only runs on the steam side.

However I noticed my AH on Steam ties my Steam account to my AH account and I cannot use the same account on both the Steam Version and DDL version. So I may just stay with the DDL. I need to do some more research on it before I commit to one or the other.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2020, 10:50:27 AM »
steam and AH site are not tied together.  If you join on steam, you play through steam. If you join strait through the  game you play without steam. VR work either way.

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2020, 02:22:52 PM »
Dale released my handle, and since Steam keeps about a third of my subscription fee I'm signed up on the Direct Download Version. Probably wont be back up and flying until this weakened I need to set up and reprogram my Controllers.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2020, 05:50:08 PM »
Dale released my handle, and since Steam keeps about a third of my subscription fee I'm signed up on the Direct Download Version. Probably wont be back up and flying until this weakened I need to set up and reprogram my Controllers.

Sounds great Mayhem.....

We could use you Saturday in the final frame of the scenario, if you are up for it

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2020, 06:48:01 PM »
Sounds great Mayhem.....

We could use you Saturday in the final frame of the scenario, if you are up for it

And then hit the AvA for Monday Night Madness.  We'll look for you.

- oldman