Author Topic: My new toy.  (Read 6104 times)

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
Re: My new toy.
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2020, 07:46:39 PM »
Would match that sword I posted about earlier.  :D
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2020, 07:48:03 PM »
Saw this, or one just like it, on GunBroker.
If it was this one
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/867298825
That's where I got it.

Came with 3 grips.

I thought 600 a good buy.

Now searching for s&w model 66 and a 49.

HiTech
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 07:51:24 PM by hitech »

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2020, 07:56:15 PM »
If it was this one
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/867298825
That's where I got it.

Came with 3 grips.

I thought 600 a good buy.

Now searching for s&w model 66 and a 49.

HiTech

There's another one out there then.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2020, 08:17:50 PM »
About a year later, we converted to 9mm Berettas.

I've never been able to figure that out.  We had the world's best military handgun, and gave it up for a girl's gun.

- oldman (but it does make me think about putting some different grips on my 1911 Springfield) (I wonder if the rubber ones from the Kimber would fit?)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2020, 08:31:48 PM »
On a separate issue does anybody have a Sonic cleaner that they're in love with.
HiTech

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2020, 09:26:25 PM »
Why do you own a carpenter’s pencil?
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline WpnX

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2020, 09:34:18 PM »
Very nice! All 1911s are beautiful (even that Springfield) but I can't believe you didn't go with STI, made right there in Texas. Action smooth as a hot knife through butter.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 09:37:42 PM by WpnX »
Elvis
The Flying Circus

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2020, 09:53:30 PM »
Very nice! All 1911s are beautiful (even that Springfield) but I can't believe you didn't go with STI, made right there in Texas. Action smooth as a hot knife through butter.

Ahh $600 vs 2k?

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2020, 09:59:38 PM »
HiTech in the future look at an S&W M&P .45 Shield.  I have a Remington 1911 carry and the S&W is less bulky, lighter and shoots very very well.  They have two versions, with safety and without for concealed carry.  I have the version without the safety and I absolutely love it.  I like it better then the Remington 1911 carry I have.  Good luck with you new firearm it's a beauty!
- The Flying Circus -

Offline WpnX

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2020, 10:07:16 PM »
Ahh $600 vs 2k?

Ha! It’s so worth it though. My advice would be don’t even try one, it will start getting expensive real quick:) Had to sell my Springfield after I got the STI because I just didn’t want to shoot the Springfield  any more. Also got a steal on a Wilson Combat 1911 that I couldn’t pass up. Definitely don’t touch one of those unless your ready to sell that Springfield.
Elvis
The Flying Circus

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2020, 10:38:10 PM »
HiTech in the future look at an S&W M&P .45 Shield.  I have a Remington 1911 carry and the S&W is less bulky, lighter and shoots very very well.  They have two versions, with safety and without for concealed carry.  I have the version without the safety and I absolutely love it.  I like it better then the Remington 1911 carry I have.  Good luck with you new firearm it's a beauty!

I've put about 1k through the m&p 2.0 both full sized and compact.

The 1911 I bought is not for Carry just for fun.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2020, 11:30:44 PM »

I've never been able to figure that out.  We had the world's best military handgun, and gave it up for a girl's gun.

- oldman (but it does make me think about putting some different grips on my 1911 Springfield) (I wonder if the rubber ones from the Kimber would fit?)

I carry the 92FS, which must be what you're referring to. I have not very many women with hands big enough to handle the Beretta well. My favorite is the Singer 1911, but for obvious reasons I would never shoot one.

I hate Glocks. I have Colts, Springfields, Kahrs, a UMC, and a Singer. I think today Colt and Springfields are probably the same gun, but it wasn't always like that. Singer is top-of-the-line machinery.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2020, 08:18:48 AM »
I carry the 92FS, which must be what you're referring to. I have not very many women with hands big enough to handle the Beretta well.

I was thinking more of the caliber, not the pistol itself.

- oldman

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2020, 09:55:40 AM »
Not a guns guy but one of these would be at the top of the list if I were. Great looking piece.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2020, 10:57:31 AM »
On a separate issue does anybody have a Sonic cleaner that they're in love with.
HiTech

HiTech I have one I got from Amazon IIRC, it is an ISONIC brand cleaner. Was about the largest tub I could find for a reasonable price. I am not interested in using it on rifles but it will hold a 1911 or my new S&W 625 (45 ACP). I strip the weapons down then use the cleaner. I use hot water and the purple Simple Green HD cleaner for solution. The cleaner also has a heater to keep the water hot as well as a timer.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown