Author Topic: My new toy.  (Read 6102 times)

Offline puller

• Gold Member
Re: My new toy.
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2020, 09:40:39 AM »
I did it for your, and just found out that it is possible with [img width=512 height=383]

Thanks Hi tech  :aok
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2020, 11:10:38 AM »
I did it for your, and just found out that it is possible with [img width=512 height=383]

Yup simple all it takes is knowing... not one bit of magic. lol
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: May 21, 2020, 11:17:44 AM »
That's a nifty choice HT!

Streakeagle, if you like the beretta but want a little more punch, I really like my beretta 96FS.  .40cal, same dimensions as the 92FS.  Still shoots super easy and accurate, and if you have training in the 92FS you don't have to re-learn or un-learn any habits or reflexes.  Still not a concealed carry gun unless carrying around huge hunks of metal is your thing, but it's a nice walking around field gun, great for personal defense (DA first shot helps prevent shooting off your toes!) and if you run out of ammo it makes a nice bludgeon.  Also, .40 ammo isn't terribly expensive and there are plenty of options.  Just don't be dumb like me and buy a bunch of aluminum case stuff, or you'll be praying every single shot that it doesn't split and stick in the chamber.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2020, 11:19:43 AM by eagl »
Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: May 21, 2020, 02:02:14 PM »
Very pretty, Colonel, very pretty.  But can it shoot?

- oldman

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2020, 02:25:07 PM »
I was reading about a fella in Las Vegas. He and his girl had 2 masked gunmen approach across a parking lot. One of the gunmen fired 2 rounds at his girl and missed. He pulled his gun as the gunmen fired 6 rounds at him... all missing. The boyfriend fired 10 rounds. Every round struck the gunman that was shooting, killing him. Oh and the second gunman never fired, he ran as fast as he could away from the shooting. Seems he had a gun but was not up for a gun fight.

Rare that anyone hits with half their shots in such a situation.... this was an amazing feat.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2020, 07:20:56 PM »

Streakeagle, if you like the beretta but want a little more punch, I really like my beretta 96FS.  .40cal, same dimensions as the 92FS.  Still shoots super easy and accurate, and if you have training in the 92FS you don't have to re-learn or un-learn any habits or reflexes.  Still not a concealed carry gun unless carrying around huge hunks of metal is your thing, but it's a nice walking around field gun, great for personal defense (DA first shot helps prevent shooting off your toes!) and if you run out of ammo it makes a nice bludgeon.  Also, .40 ammo isn't terribly expensive and there are plenty of options.  Just don't be dumb like me and buy a bunch of aluminum case stuff, or you'll be praying every single shot that it doesn't split and stick in the chamber.

The Beretta is huge? That's a cute way of looking at it.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: May 21, 2020, 11:43:19 PM »
Who do you think built my server room?
(Image removed from quote.)

HiTech
LOL

Nice work, looks good. Toilet paper will be the currency of the future.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2020, 09:03:31 AM »
LOL

Nice work, looks good. Toilet paper will be the currency of the future.

Saw 3 people in the store yesterday trying to trade Toilet paper for hamburger.  :)

HiTech

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2020, 09:39:23 AM »
Saw 3 people in the store yesterday trying to trade Toilet paper for hamburger.  :)

HiTech

All of those post-apocalyptic movies are becoming a reality...
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2020, 10:09:57 AM »
All those folks bought paper and no food. Now they have nothing to put in it.  :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline streakeagle

• Silver Member
      • Streak Eagle - Stephen's Website
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2020, 03:33:49 PM »

I like the Beretta a lot and have a fair amount of shooting experience with it, but I like the 1911 more. My 1911 is a stainless steel full size standard one with some combat carry upgrades. It is large. It is heavy. But I do carry it. If I had money to blow on guns, I would prefer a standard 92FS identical to my military issue weapon. I would like a 0.40 pistol, but I am not sure what model. Maybe a basic Glock for carry? I would also like an AR-10 set up for long range accuracy yet styled with handguards and carry handle to look more like a regular military issue AR-10/AR-15/M-16. I would really like an M1903A3 bolt-action rifle just like the ones we drilled with in Army JROTC in high school: accurate, built to last, and easy to maintain.
i5(4690K) MAXIMUS VII HERO(32 Gb RAM) GTX1080(8 Gb RAM) Win10 Home (64-bit)
OUR MISSION: PROTECT THE FORCE, GET THE PICTURES, ...AND KILL MIGS!

Offline Trev95

• Copper Member
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2020, 04:30:32 PM »
Is a lot of fun.
HiTech

Ah a man of good taste!  I will upgrade one day, this is my daily toater...

FBTrev95/Riftval
Riftvals Bombers

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2020, 01:46:58 AM »
I like the Beretta a lot and have a fair amount of shooting experience with it, but I like the 1911 more. My 1911 is a stainless steel full size standard one with some combat carry upgrades. It is large. It is heavy. But I do carry it. If I had money to blow on guns, I would prefer a standard 92FS identical to my military issue weapon. I would like a 0.40 pistol, but I am not sure what model. Maybe a basic Glock for carry? I would also like an AR-10 set up for long range accuracy yet styled with handguards and carry handle to look more like a regular military issue AR-10/AR-15/M-16. I would really like an M1903A3 bolt-action rifle just like the ones we drilled with in Army JROTC in high school: accurate, built to last, and easy to maintain.

I'll never buy another Glock. The trigger springs break (no more shooty), the action stop pin breaks (no more stoppy), and the action break-down spring breaks (gun falls apart when you shoot it). These are not uncommon problems with Glocks, either. No thanks.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2020, 10:15:49 AM »
I'll never buy another Glock. The trigger springs break (no more shooty), the action stop pin breaks (no more stoppy), and the action break-down spring breaks (gun falls apart when you shoot it). These are not uncommon problems with Glocks, either. No thanks.

Really? Because that's the first I have heard of that kind of thing. I have more than a little Glock experience including having competed with one and having multiple pistols in 9 and 40. I had never heard of a failure like those in the history my old Dept had with them since the Glock was the one most of us chose back in the old Mk1 days of the weapon and there were hundreds of thousands of rounds fired by Officers in training and qualification. I also went to some post department training where the beginners class was about a 250 to 350 round count per student. There were multiple failures with 1911's but none of the glocks choked.

Having said that, ANY mechanical device can and does break. Nuthin is perfect.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 10:17:29 AM by Maverick »
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2020, 10:32:17 AM »

Dirth Dozen was on last night. Enjoyed it again