Author Topic: Controllable Bomb Groups  (Read 449 times)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Controllable Bomb Groups
« on: August 28, 2020, 08:45:28 PM »
After being taught the basics of Mission Creation by Cpt Trips, I would like to add an idea that has been stewing for quite some time now. CptTrps has created a handy set of AI formations, which I use for Fortress Europe.

So my idea is this...

Let's take one of those formations and instead of making it an AI mission, make it a controllable bomb group similar to the Aces High CV Task Force.

They would spawn out of large airfields, preferably near the HQ or somewhat deep in country. These formations would be set to default fly straight to the enemy HQ, but could be controlled by the highest ranked player.

When you click on a Bomb Group, like a Task Force, it takes you into the lead ship. But you can't control it from the cockpit (or maybe, I guess it could be doable). My general idea is you can only operate the bombsight OR select a bomber from a top down of the formation and join it as a gunner.

At that point, the commander of the bomb group can control the group on the map the same way a Task Force works and it will only allow you to set waypoints within fuel range of the formation. When it's time to bomb, the bomb group commander can operate the bombsite and drop the bombs. Perhaps at this time the bombers beeline it for the field of origin or somewhere closer.

If the bombers are all destroyed the group respawns back at base in 5 minutes.

Just crazy stuff I think about. <S>

There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Controllable Bomb Groups
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2020, 09:28:58 PM »
 :aok

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2020, 09:49:29 PM »
on some maps strats are down all the time as it is on every country.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Trev95

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2020, 03:07:47 PM »
+1
FBTrev95/Riftval
Riftvals Bombers