Author Topic: Perk the Temp more and fix yak eny  (Read 7830 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Perk the Temp more and fix yak eny
« on: May 25, 2020, 03:08:54 PM »
last month the Temp had one of the highest amounts of kills and the best overall K/D of any plane. Its being over used, especially by the best players.

Look at the amount of kills a yak3 gets compared to the spit16 and La7 last month. Now look at the K/D. I'm tried of all three of these planes, along with the 190D. TBH. The hoard of these planes every where is getting out of hand. I have to fight 3 yak3s every sortie. I just can't take it anymore... please Hitech, please reevaluate perks and eny for these planes.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline ONTOS

• Silver Member
Re: Perk the Temp more and fix yak eny
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 03:31:21 PM »
+1, with exception on the 190D, it'd not big of a deal.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 03:36:55 PM by ONTOS »

Offline TryHard

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2020, 05:34:17 PM »
+1 the yak3 with an Eny of 18 makes no sense. It should be atleast 1 or 2 perks as well as the other late war super planes (looking at you LA7, 190D, P51D, Spit16, 109k4)

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2020, 05:37:38 PM »
Wouldn't it be better to have dynamic ENY instead of fixed numbers?

The more people that pick a plane the low it's number gets.

I think it would make people fly planes that we hardly see because their eny would be high because nobody was flying them.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2020, 09:05:21 PM »
I just can't take it anymore

Cod give me strength.

There always will be easy-mode planes that are much better than what you're flying.  Used to be the Spit 5.  Then the Nik.  Then it was the La7, followed by the Spit 16 and the Brewster.  Now the Yak3 and - have you forgotten? - the long-ago-perked Temp. 

If it hurts so much, just fly one of them and be happy.  Otherwise pick a plane you enjoy and consider it a challenge.

- oldman (geez...kids these days...)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2020, 11:01:18 PM »
If you change the perk values then it would only justify your whines. People would still fly the Tempest and you would still get shot down. Correlation is not the same thing as causation.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline 800nate800

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2020, 01:07:01 AM »
+1 the yak3 with an Eny of 18 makes no sense. It should be atleast 1 or 2 perks as well as the other late war super planes (looking at you LA7, 190D, P51D, Spit16, 109k4)
no
former squeaker, but you wont 1v1 about it
Most my friends are banned......
Kommando Nowotny

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2020, 03:06:02 AM »

Cod give me strength.

There always will be easy-mode planes that are much better than what you're flying.  Used to be the Spit 5.  Then the Nik.  Then it was the La7, followed by the Spit 16 and the Brewster. 

The Brewster complaints always made me smile. Maybe most exaggerated thing in AH ever. By reading the forums, one could have thought it's been the most numerous and deadly killing machine of AH. When in fact it was one of the lesser successful pure fighters of AH, much more a victim than a killer in the MA. Very odd for a supposed easy mode plane.
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2020, 04:05:50 AM »
The Yak3s energy creation and retention are incredible, making it one of the, if not, thee easiest BnZ aircraft I have ever flown.

(A 10to1 KDR in the MA for me this current tour I believe, Viva Cicero!)

At it's 18ENY, a fantastic perk builder with enough ammo for 5 kills in one sortie with solid gunnery.

In all rights it should be perked for it's effectiveness in the MA for the 15 minutes of fight you get in the air under 13k.

Probably should really be 5-10ENY, on balance.
"So far the score is Gunzo 237 - Skyyr 0"
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2020, 07:36:34 AM »
Maps are large enough and numbers are low enough to break out early/mid from late war plane sets to different air bases in separated sections

<S>

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2020, 07:46:49 AM »
If you change the perk values then it would only justify your whines. People would still fly the Tempest and you would still get shot down. Correlation is not the same thing as causation.

Adjusting the perks would help. Its not a whine, its the truth. There is a reason why the Temp has 1700 more kills than the 262 last with a better K/D. Its getting old. The top killer in the 262 had 53 kills laat tour. The top killer in the Temp had 502... The top killer in the yak3 had 616 kills... his second most kills were the Temp. These planes flown by uber sticks are not helping the MA. Its not helping the "noobs". When you have 2 la7s and yak3 on your 6. There is nothing even a vet can do, much less a noob player. This embalance is not healthy not for the game.

The entire arena flying in easy mode run planes is another reason why players are leaving along with far as crap base distances that players spend 10 minutes flying to only to get jumped by 3 yak3s and a la7s. When the whole arena turns to Temps and yak3s for survival. Its not fun anymore when you have to fly that far. 
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 08:34:14 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline TryHard

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2020, 08:39:02 AM »

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2020, 10:10:23 AM »
The problem seems to be that people are choosing the aircraft and tactics that help them be more successful. This has always been an issue with online flight sims.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2020, 10:56:09 AM »
The Yak3s energy creation and retention are incredible, making it one of the, if not, thee easiest BnZ aircraft I have ever flown.

(A 10to1 KDR in the MA for me this current tour I believe, and 40to0 last tour, Viva Cicero!)

At it's 18ENY, a fantastic perk builder with enough ammo for 5 kills in one sortie with solid gunnery.

In all rights it should be perked for it's effectiveness in the MA for the 15 minutes of fight you get in the air under 13k.

Probably should really be 5-10ENY, on balance.

Late Edit. Apologies.
"So far the score is Gunzo 237 - Skyyr 0"
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline TryHard

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2020, 12:00:08 PM »
The problem seems to be that people are choosing the aircraft and tactics that help them be more successful. This has always been an issue with online flight sims.

The real problem is balance with midwar arena gone, Id like to see the nonperk planeset represent the early and midwar years where if you want to fly the latest and greatest super planes from the latewar you gotta pay up with them perkies. Might not stop the hordes of yak3s, p51s, etc but will give people the incentive to fly other planes.