Author Topic: Perk the Temp more and fix yak eny  (Read 7841 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: Perk the Temp more and fix yak eny
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2020, 12:41:28 PM »
The real problem is balance with midwar arena gone, Id like to see the nonperk planeset represent the early and midwar years where if you want to fly the latest and greatest super planes from the latewar you gotta pay up with them perkies. Might not stop the hordes of yak3s, p51s, etc but will give people the incentive to fly other planes.

Yeah I agree. Perhaps you should lose the perks period rather than only lose them if you die. Late late war planes should be perked. I feel like it would provide more overall balance.

The Temp is the best plane in the game and has ord and it's not perked as high as the 262. I think it should be.

The problem seems to be that people are choosing the aircraft and tactics that help them be more successful. This has always been an issue with online flight sims.

That is the key. There should be more of an incentive to fly midwar planes. If the best players in the game are using the best planes. There is nothing any noob can do. But we are at a point now where most players are getting the top planes to compete with other top planes and it just creates slow gameplay because top planes normally are the highest speed planes that extend away.

The challenge of flying midwar planes is getting old because unless you fly timidly at 18K, normally you will have 2 yak3s and a La7 jump your 6 after you dive, and you won't be able to get away. I just think these planes are oversaturating the game with lazy gameplay.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline eddiek

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2020, 01:06:48 PM »

Not that it matters to anyone, but I will chime in and add my two cents worth:

I agree with DmonSlyr and TryHard to an extent, and think that the late war planes should carry some perk cost, and that once you hit the runway, those perks are spent, kapoot, gone, not matter if you land or die on that sortie.
I have flown the Yak3 on a few occasions, and it feels to me like it does make getting kills a lot easier.  From taking off at a base under attack and getting kills within less than a minute due to the plane's performance, to venturing out just looking for a fight and being able to outperform an opponent simply due to the plane's performance.......it is not an invincible plane by any means, let's just say it enables a pilot to make more mistakes and not get killed in the process than other planes in the plane set.
I, too, have noticed an abundance of late war planes in the skies, and while it really doesn't bother me that much (I routinely fly a ME410, EVERYTHING outclasses that truck) and I expect to die any time I run into a single seat fighter, it seems kinda weird to me to see so many of the elite pilots depending on a perk ride as a crutch.  It's almost like none of them want a challenge, they want the deck stacked in their favor each and every flight and fight.
Oh well, to each his own................but I personally get more satisfaction getting my kills in a non-perk ride, seems like it makes it more of a pilot/skill factor than the fastest ride.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2020, 01:47:22 PM »
it seems kinda weird to me to see so many of the elite pilots depending on a perk ride as a crutch.

Agreed.  But I guess they're able to live with themselves.

- oldman

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2020, 04:43:30 PM »
Perk the 38  :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2020, 06:28:00 PM »

Vio may be on to something...just watched a temp strafe pork a field...
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2020, 06:37:32 PM »
The real problem is balance with midwar arena gone, Id like to see the nonperk planeset represent the early and midwar years where if you want to fly the latest and greatest super planes from the latewar you gotta pay up with them perkies. Might not stop the hordes of yak3s, p51s, etc but will give people the incentive to fly other planes.

Once you've been active for a while perks aren't a problem but at the same time if you have to protect them it can incline you to more cautious fighting. That may not be the result you're looking for.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2020, 06:45:56 PM »
Yeah I agree. Perhaps you should lose the perks period rather than only lose them if you die. Late late war planes should be perked. I feel like it would provide more overall balance.

The Temp is the best plane in the game and has ord and it's not perked as high as the 262. I think it should be.

That is the key. There should be more of an incentive to fly midwar planes. If the best players in the game are using the best planes. There is nothing any noob can do. But we are at a point now where most players are getting the top planes to compete with other top planes and it just creates slow gameplay because top planes normally are the highest speed planes that extend away.

The challenge of flying midwar planes is getting old because unless you fly timidly at 18K, normally you will have 2 yak3s and a La7 jump your 6 after you dive, and you won't be able to get away. I just think these planes are oversaturating the game with lazy gameplay.

Just make a custom arena for like minded players. People pay to play the way they like. The MA creates challenges, the player solutions to those challenges create different challenges for other players. Rise to the challenge or make an arena with a limited plane set for all the people not happy with the MA. You'll never force people to pay to play your way if they prefer something different, they'll just leave if you try.

Another solution is to have like minded players on the other side(s) so you have somebody to fight your way in the MA.

« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 07:30:52 PM by FLS »

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2020, 07:31:56 PM »
Just make a custom arena for like minded players. People pay to play the way they like. The MA creates challenges, the player solutions to those challenges create different challenges for other players. Rise to the challenge or make an arena with a limited plane set for all the people not happy with the MA. You'll never force people to pay to play your way if they prefer something different, they'll just leave if you try.

Another solution is to have like minded players on the other side(s) so you have somebody to fight your way in the MA.

If I had the time. But i don't.

What's the point of perks then? Why do tanks have more small perk tank costs but planes don't?

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2020, 07:51:36 PM »
I don't get to go to those meetings so I'm just guessing. I see perks as a reward you can earn. I assume the difference with tanks is that they don't affect the arena the same way.

BTW once you save an arena table file it's pretty quick and easy to set up a custom arena. The trick is getting people to play with.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2020, 08:21:46 PM »
Adjusting the perks would help. Its not a whine, its the truth. There is a reason why the Temp has 1700 more kills than the 262 last with a better K/D. Its getting old. The top killer in the 262 had 53 kills laat tour. The top killer in the Temp had 502... The top killer in the yak3 had 616 kills... his second most kills were the Temp. These planes flown by uber sticks are not helping the MA. Its not helping the "noobs". When you have 2 la7s and yak3 on your 6. There is nothing even a vet can do, much less a noob player. This embalance is not healthy not for the game.

The entire arena flying in easy mode run planes is another reason why players are leaving along with far as crap base distances that players spend 10 minutes flying to only to get jumped by 3 yak3s and a la7s. When the whole arena turns to Temps and yak3s for survival. Its not fun anymore when you have to fly that far.

No, you're whining. You want to blame this on the Temp, but in reality the plane is supposed to be feared (both of them). Rather than trying to whip up a mob why not just take it upon yourself to hunt these planes exclusively? Seek them out, and kill them. Oh, it won't be easy at first, but eventually you'll get the hang of it. Just set your sights higher. It's not like there's a pandemic of Tempests or anything!
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2020, 08:26:31 PM »
No, you're whining. You want to blame this on the Temp, but in reality the plane is supposed to be feared (both of them). Rather than trying to whip up a mob why not just take it upon yourself to hunt these planes exclusively? Seek them out, and kill them. Oh, it won't be easy at first, but eventually you'll get the hang of it. Just set your sights higher. It's not like there's a pandemic of Tempests or anything!

Let me grab my F16 real quick...
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2020, 08:28:15 PM »
Let me grab my F16 real quick...

Psst! . . . Ta152!
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2020, 08:39:17 PM »
Psst! . . . Ta152!

There's a reason why the 190D has 3100 more kills last tour with a better K/D. I choose not to be part of the problem to beat the problem. 
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2020, 09:10:39 PM »
The problem you're complaining about is that the enemy isn't cooperating with your plan.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2020, 09:26:35 PM »
The problem you're complaining about is that the enemy isn't cooperating with your plan.

No the problem is that EVERYONE is getting crushed by "vets" running in uber planes. This includes those new players who are going to have a hard time surviving anyway. I would think more and more new players are driven away by these guys who seem to need the "kill counts" the yak and tempest bring.

Personally Id love to see a bank of planes per tour. The longer you have played, the less number of these uber rides you get each month. Push the "vets" into mid-war planes more often, give the new guys the chance win in the uber rides.