Author Topic: Perk the Temp more and fix yak eny  (Read 7843 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Perk the Temp more and fix yak eny
« Reply #60 on: May 28, 2020, 06:27:21 AM »
Large maps and low numbers move many to the faster planes also

We need an air spawn on each map for those of us who care nothing about base capture but are here for the A2A fights.

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: May 28, 2020, 07:24:44 AM »
Perking high performance planes will not restrict their availability to veteran players.  Most already have enough perks to fly any planes they want for a very long time.  Perking high performance planes WILL restrict their availability to newer players, who need an advantage to compete.

Perking high performance planes would have more effect if perks were reset at the beginning of each tour to the values of one 262, one B-29, and one Tiger II.  The more successful players would still be able to accumulate additional perks to allow them to fly the best planes, but they might want to save those planes for "special" circumstances.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: May 28, 2020, 07:46:29 AM »
Then perks should be based off the pilots skill

A 262 should cost me at least triple what it costs a newbie

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #63 on: May 28, 2020, 08:23:23 AM »
Perking high performance planes will not restrict their availability to veteran players.  Most already have enough perks to fly any planes they want for a very long time.  Perking high performance planes WILL restrict their availability to newer players, who need an advantage to compete.

Complete wipe of perks and give the old timers an certificate/achievement how many perks they had before the new system.

Perking high performance planes would have more effect if perks were reset at the beginning of each tour to the values of one 262, one B-29, and one Tiger II.  The more successful players would still be able to accumulate additional perks to allow them to fly the best planes, but they might want to save those planes for "special" circumstances.

It would still bring the playing field closer to midwar planes. And thus a better fighting change for new players. It is simply easier to get a kill in a dogfight than that it is in a high tactical fight for picks and position.

For those who say but than the elites would fly the late war planes, many of us already handicap ourselves. I often fly I16's or bf110's for keeping the playing field even. On the of day I fly a 190d (practice for the scenario) I get my 25 kills landed achievement. Regardless of the planes around us "elites" we won't die other than to the other "elites" no matter in what plane our enemies fly. It would be much better that we are forced to fly weaker planes more often than getting a crazy killing spree with little effort.
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: May 28, 2020, 08:35:35 AM »
Then perks should be based off the pilots skill

A 262 should cost me at least triple what it costs a newbie

Eagler

Yes, for your 109F-4:  3 x 0 = 0.00     :D     
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #65 on: May 28, 2020, 10:05:24 AM »
So...don't tell me the culture has changed.  There are lots of people, vets and noobs alike, who still enjoy good air-to-air combat.
- oldman

It has. It changed when GV icons were reduced to zero and GVs became impossible to see from every aircraft save the Storch. Resupplying your base with an M3 is more efficient and less 'dangerous' than rolling an airplane or GV to defend it.

Proof? The proof is when hitech conducted his experiment where he removed the M3's troops to see M3 resupply usage (granted, this was the opposite way to go about the test, but regardless...). I don't know if those results were ever posted, but the mere fact that such a drastic change was made to test something means there has been a 'culture change'.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #66 on: May 28, 2020, 11:09:57 AM »
MNM is the best thing going now. I am sure the Combat setup is a good one too. I need to hit one of those to check it out.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: May 28, 2020, 12:05:15 PM »
+1 the yak3
-- Flying as X15 --

Online icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: May 28, 2020, 01:38:56 PM »

I think low altitude speed of a plane should be a factor in perking.   

I never worried about the yak3 much but the LA7 and Tempest missions are often "grab a kill and run home" using the speed superiority.

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #69 on: May 28, 2020, 06:31:11 PM »

I am going to step up to the soapbox and say it..........

I miss the rolling plane set from my WarBirds days, it made me learn a lot of planes not just a few hot rods.

CAVALRY
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Online Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: May 28, 2020, 06:51:42 PM »
I miss the rolling plane set from my WarBirds days, it made me learn a lot of planes not just a few hot rods.

And you can do it voluntarily, too!

- oldman

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2020, 07:17:28 PM »
Even if the fighter perks were cleared to zero every new tour it would take just an hour or so of the first day to earn a Tempest. We all play the same game and we all have the same options available to us.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #72 on: May 28, 2020, 07:22:43 PM »

And you can do it voluntarily, too!

I can.... but, why do it with all the kids in the shallow end of the pool are still flying late war easy mode hot rods.

to few of today's players are up to the challenge of a week of BF109E's Spit1's, P40's Ki-43's etc, etc... or buffs that can't white flag a base in one pass.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #73 on: May 28, 2020, 07:28:06 PM »
Rumor has it there's still an AvA arena and the staff will still occasionally set things up for immersion.  :D :cheers:

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #74 on: May 28, 2020, 07:32:39 PM »
Quote from: CAV link=topic=400180.msg5304840#msg5304840

CAVALRY

That would make me finally quit this game.  Why should I be denied having to wait to fly the plane of my choice just because you think people should fly different planes?

There is a reason why HiTech never incorporated a rolling plane set in AH.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song